Talk

Advanced search

Do any of you attend a Spinning class?

(8 Posts)
TitsalinaBumsquash Fri 21-Aug-09 19:45:50

I currently go to my local lisure center twice a week, at the moment i swim lengths which is great but im a little fed up of being chatted up by 15 year old boys hmm I was thinking of swapping one of my Swimming sessions and Spinning caught my eye.

Has anyone done a Spinning calss or does anyone do one still?
I would like to know how you find it, i am not that fit so im wirried it may be a little to much at first.
Just some general info about what happens, what benifits it gievs and downdised if any!

I know i could Googe and i have but i would like some personal reviews. TIA. smile

Pinner35 Fri 21-Aug-09 19:50:30

Yes, I do spinning and its fab!! Don't worry about your level of fitness....one of the newbies in my class is a lady who's had a double hip replacement. Try a beginners class and get there in plenty of time so that the instructor can help you set up your bike and talk you through how the class works. Make sure you take water and a towel too. I started about 6 months ago and I'm hooked...good luck.

cocolepew Fri 21-Aug-09 19:52:25

My DH went once, he staggered of the bike, threw up on the floor and crawled to the showers. Don't let this put you off though smile

Lizzylou Fri 21-Aug-09 19:53:01

I used to, it is by far the most effective workout I have ever done. It is hard work, but the instructors will guide you.

I can't get to a class at the moment, but hpe to do so once the nights are darker and I can't go running anymore. DH will have to fit in round me then.

Be prepared that after the first time you'll have very achey legs the next day.

MissisBoot Fri 21-Aug-09 19:55:25

I love it - I'm by no means fit - but just go at my own pace. The good thing about it is that you can set your own level of resistance so don't have to feel like you need to keep up with the class - if its too easy you up the resistance and too hard just drop it slightly!

Pinner35 Fri 21-Aug-09 19:56:35

.....yes and very achey lady bits as the saddles are hard but after the first time, you won't notice it. Agree with LL....it is easily the quickest way I have ever toned up.

TitsalinaBumsquash Fri 21-Aug-09 19:58:18

Thanks, i think i shall give them a call, it has to be worth a few classes to see if i like it. smile

movingnow Fri 21-Aug-09 20:01:26

I used to years ago, really loved them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now