Talk

Advanced search

Nordic Walking

(5 Posts)
sailorsgal Wed 19-Aug-09 11:55:36

I am going to a nordic walking workshop this week. Has anyone tried it?

Kat12345 Wed 19-Aug-09 17:21:57

Yes! It's a great exercise. You can push yourself as hard as you want to. It's a really social activity and a great way to get out and about (although I did feel a little silly to start with). I ended up training to be an instructor. Good luck, hope you enjoy it.

sailorsgal Wed 19-Aug-09 20:57:13

Thanks. Am looking forward to it. I used to run but I think this will suit me better and hopefully will meet some new people.

movingnow Fri 21-Aug-09 20:53:50

Yes it's great. I took to it when living in Austria where it is considered a perfectly normal form of exercise. I started due to running injuries and in 2007 trained for and ran a 1/2 Marathon by using nordic walking as part of my training (i.e. the long runs were actually long nordic walks). I love it but I have to say since my return to the UK I do get some funny looks! Go for it, I was surprised to find that my "running" routes only took 10-15mins longer when nordic walking. My problem is that I have a dog and it is not compatible with dog walking (juggling long poles & dog on lead not compatiblegrin). Go for it grin

sailorsgal Mon 24-Aug-09 12:52:12

Well I really enjoyed it and am looking forward to taking it up regularly.

Just need to buy some poles first.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now