Talk

Advanced search

Trampolining

(8 Posts)
OrmIrian Fri 14-Aug-09 16:44:19

Since I can't run atm how much good will I do myself in terms of fat burning and retaining fitness by trampolining? It's pretty boring but doable and it doesn't hurt my foot.

How often and how long will I need to do it to stop myself turning into a blob of untoned flab who can't run a mile without wanting to die sad

lljkk Mon 17-Aug-09 08:56:46

I know some quite fat people who do trampolening so I'm not sure it will achieve your aims (although it's fun in itself, and you won't do anything in itself it's not fun).
What about swimming instead, or cycling?

OrmIrian Mon 17-Aug-09 09:26:47

Thanks lljkk - I hate swimming! And everyone keeps telling me to do it grin Cycling I think would be good and I could so the same sort of routes that I run but I am petrified - I never learned to cycle around traffic and last time I cycled in town fell off and hit the wall of a bridge. But I am going to have to conquer that fear somehow.

Merle Mon 17-Aug-09 12:21:29

OrmIrian I'm quite fit (think half marathons) but after about 5 minutes with my kids on our new trampoline I get a bit tired and start to think about getting off. So it must be doing some good. I think that it is easily accessable so it could be a good thing to get on there, for example for 10 minutes at a time, a few times a day, and then build up from there. It can't do any harm and will build up some stamina, which you can then use to do other things, like cycling when you can face it.

OrmIrian Mon 17-Aug-09 14:11:53

Thanks merle. It is quite fun but it makes me realise how crap my pelvic floor is these days grin

Merle Thu 20-Aug-09 08:05:47

OrmIrian - have you been doing any bouncing?

OrmIrian Thu 20-Aug-09 08:11:02

Hi Merle, no blush. I keep forgetting and ten I get caught up in something else. I will try to make it a daily thing though. Foot is much better and I am going to try and experimental run on Sunday.

jsc136 Fri 21-Aug-09 22:42:50

Hi,
I have just started trampoling and am loving it, however 3 weeks in it has become apparent that i may have to give it up due to pelvic floor. I gave birth to my firsts child 9 months ago. Am so depressed about it as i was sure that I did lots of pelvic floor exercises after, but obviously not! Does anyone have any good advice, or know of some good ways of preventing it....at a loss!! blush sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now