Talk

Advanced search

Need to tone tummy! And will I ever stop looking pregnant!!

(7 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Tue 21-Jul-09 18:06:50

My tummy has always looked like I am about 4 months pregnant. Even before I had children. 2 babies later - you can imagin it is worse!

Will excerise and toning be able to change this? I have lost 1 stone with slimming world since having DD2 (who is now 12 weeks) and I am now in the "ideal" weight range. I would still like to loose a bit more but from the right places!

I am going to tennerife in September with a big group of people (who all have flat tummys!) and would love to feel comfortable with myself for once, especially after I have lost weight anyway.

I have a wii fit etc if there is a good excercise I can do on there?

I can't do sit ups! I have no idea why, but I have never been able to do them! blush

Would be really greatful of some help!

ArcticRoll Tue 21-Jul-09 18:09:38

Give up wheat-it really made a difference to me-much flatter stomach.

JennyPenny22 Tue 21-Jul-09 18:28:28

Really? Interesting! Was it weight loss in general that made your stomach flat or just the wheat? I am loosing weight quite easily, but just in the wrong places (my face is starting to look odd as I have lost lots of weight there which is not where I want to loose it!) I have lost between 3-6lb a week ish so actual weight loose isn't a problem, just the area.

Isn't wheat in almost everything? (I don't have much will power when it comes to food blush)

geraldinetheluckygoat Mon 03-Aug-09 08:57:44

I have a big tummy too, and I have been doing crunches daily - sounds horrific but it really isnt!! I do 20 normal ones, and twenty each side (with legs bend and to the side) - I do it once a day sometimes twice. My personal trainer friend also gave me a 15 minute pilates routine to do which focuses on bum and tummy - I do this two or 3 times a week instead of or as well as the crunches, when I have time.
I also gave up drinking in the week (I used to have a glass of wine or beer every evening...).

All this has really helped - ive been swimming and cycling a lot too, but I think the above has been the thing that has really helped my tummy...hth!

Tinfoil Tue 04-Aug-09 04:23:25

Could you do sit-ups with the help of one of these?

I would expect that the reason you find sit-ups hard is because you are lacking in tone in that area, the only thing that will impove it is to practice and daily!

I have a terrible stomach after two kids, but if I exercise daily it does improve, I can highly recomend this DVD, all focused on the tummy but loads of different mini workouts, so not just slogging away at the crunches.

ILovePudding Tue 04-Aug-09 07:09:32

Have you checked out whether you have any abdominal separation after having your dc?

In really severe situations it can only be fixed with surgery. But if it is not too bad some physiotherapy can help.

I have a friend with this condition and she is having surgery to fix it, but she did mention that doing abdominal exercises can actually make it worse.

this thread discussed the issue recently.

If you do have this, slimming and exercising probably wont help much. My friend is about a size 8 and looks several months pregnant still.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now