Talk

Advanced search

Went really dizzy today after exercise - why?

(4 Posts)
GiraffesCanRunA10k Thu 09-Jul-09 19:57:34

Go to the gym quite often and also go running so its not like I am not used to it. Did about 45 min at the gym today, nothing any more strenuous than I usually do - infact did a bit less than normal. Had a bottle of water while working out and another one after/on the way home.

On the way home I started to feel very odd. It was like I couldn't quite focus my eyes and felt really strange. I live very close to the gym and part of me wanted to sit down on the pavement but I kept walking and got home and lay down on the couch with my legs proped up above head height for about 20 min and I started to feel better.

The only thing I can think of that I did differently is that I missed out treadmill at the end, usually do a slow walk at end after I've done stretches. But today I just left - I figured I walk home anyway so same deal? However I was working quite hard on the bike before I stopped. Could the lack of a cool down be the cause? Feel abit worried about working out again. Feel absolutely fine now. Oh and I didnt feel hungry at all and had eaten lunch so don't think it was a lack of food.

JeMeSouviens Thu 09-Jul-09 20:04:30

What time were you at the gym though? I find I need an afternoon snack to have the energy for exercise after work, as lunch time is too far off. That's the only thing I can think of.

GiraffesCanRunA10k Thu 09-Jul-09 20:17:39

Was about 4ish, but had quite a late lunch.

GiraffesCanRunA10k Thu 09-Jul-09 22:11:18

\

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now