Talk

Advanced search

I'm trying to buy some cotton rich football socks ...

(8 Posts)
TwoToTango Sun 28-Jun-09 18:56:19

for DS - the nylon ones don't seem to agree with his feet - have tried loads of sports shops and ebay but can't find any - does anyone know anywhere that sells them or even if such a thing exists (don't want any particular team). TIA

lljkk Sun 28-Jun-09 19:05:26

Are these too big?

lljkk Sun 28-Jun-09 19:07:45

Amazon?

lljkk Sun 28-Jun-09 19:11:00

Sorry, Amazon is rubbish, but I thought DS footie socks from JJB sport were mostly cotton.

TwoToTango Sun 28-Jun-09 19:15:37

thanks for the links lljkk - the ones on your JJB link are too short (need to have shin pads underneath) but do you know if this from JJB are cotton rich, it doesn't say in the description. Thanks

TwoToTango Sun 28-Jun-09 19:18:08

the sizes just say boys or youths - any idea what age/shoe size either are - can't see any reference to it in their size guide

lljkk Mon 29-Jun-09 12:56:52

Ah shux, turns out DS's sox from JJB sports are 100% polyester (so probably no good to you, either).
What about a large branch of Marks & Spencer, or John Lewis, I guess those places and JJB sports is where I'd go hunting.

Could you use some men's cotton rich footie socks for him instead?
Or maybe silk liners under polyester...

Sorry I wasn't more help; luckily DC not too into footie. Good luck!!

TwoToTango Mon 29-Jun-09 16:30:50

Thanks lljkk - tried M&S and John Lewis. mens would be too big as he's only a size 2.

Thanks for your suggestions

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now