Talk

Advanced search

I have a recurring dream

(4 Posts)
MoshiMoshi Wed 24-Jun-09 22:13:47

I don't tend to remember my dreams but the one recurring dream I have had all of my life has been about playing hockey. I started playing mini hockey age 9 and represented my country (I am from Asia) age 14 at both schoolgirl and senior level. I continued playing at a high level (captaining my county's A team) when I moved to the UK for A levels and trialed for England when I was at university. Shortly after graduating I stopped playing quite so much and when I began working in London it all came to an end. I really really miss it and hope to play again regularly one day soon. The only thing is I cannot quite see how to get started again as:

(a) I am a SAHM without any home help and 4 small children (the eldest is just 6);

(b) I love to run/horse ride/race triathlons etc and am struggling to work out how to find time to do any of that let alone return to hockey; and

(c) when I last played for a local team (when I was working), it was very much a case of having to make all practices if you wanted to get into a team.

Does anybody know the best way to get into something like this again? Perhaps there is a league somewhere for time-starved parents (happy to play mixed or even just indoor hockey for starters!)? I sometimes wish I was a student again when all of these activities were available on tap!

Many thanks for any replies...

MoshiMoshi Wed 24-Jun-09 23:41:22

Anybody got any ideas at all...?

expatinscotland Wed 24-Jun-09 23:56:39

No, no recurring dreams here, thankfully.

MoshiMoshi Thu 25-Jun-09 12:24:01

expatinscotland - no suggestions about how to go about getting back into playing hockey when time starved then...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now