Talk

Advanced search

anyone done London to Southend bike ride?

(8 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 23-Jun-09 17:15:37

I did the London to Brighton on sunday and although i enjoyed most of it the getting to the start and getting back home again and the crowds, bottle necks and queuing etc mean I probably wont do it again.
I've been asked if I fancy London to Southend next month and wondered how it compares to the Brighton ride in the way of congestion etc . Any one know? TIA

mckenzie Fri 26-Jun-09 10:21:14

bump

mckenzie Sat 27-Jun-09 14:40:30

may i bump again please?

mckenzie Sun 28-Jun-09 19:25:32

try one more time...

Littlefish Sun 28-Jun-09 19:27:52

I did it 20 years ago! I can't remember anything about it though. Sorry!

mckenzie Sun 28-Jun-09 21:52:49

thanks littlefish for the reply but that is of absolutely no use to me at all! grin

mckenzie Mon 29-Jun-09 16:40:39

anyone else please??

mimsum Fri 03-Jul-09 22:35:46

I did it a couple of years ago. It's much less crowded than L2B, although the start for me is much less convenient (east London)

there were more hills than I thought should be allowed in Essex wink no bad ones though ... I remember thinking "isn't Essex lovely" until we got about 15 miles out of Southend and then it was grim, grim, grim (sorry anyone who lives there!)

It was ok, enjoyable(ish) but I've not felt a burning desire to see Southend again in a hurry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now