Talk

Advanced search

Pilates DVD - any recommendations ?

(6 Posts)
Joolsiam Mon 08-Jun-09 21:56:32

Hi - I am a bit of a gym addict and do loads of studio classes, but due to injury, I'm having to cut back on the cardio stuff.

I do Body Balance once a week and it makes me feel so good afterwards, that I want to do more - especially lower back work and loosening up the hips - I cannot believe how stiff I am !!

Can anyone recommend something ? There seems to be loads out there and I don't really know where to start !

Thanks

MollieO Mon 08-Jun-09 21:58:44

The Darcy Bussell one is good.

LastOrders Mon 08-Jun-09 21:59:26

I would recommend the Pilates for dummies DVD but I think I'd be insulting you blush!

I'm a beginner to it all & it does me fine smile

notyummy Mon 08-Jun-09 22:01:36

I've got the MTV Pilates DVD, with an American woman called Kristian MacGee. She is rather annoying....but the DVD is good and reasonably challenging (I have fairly good level of fitness, although am not Paula Radcliffe grin)

It only cost me about £3 from Amazon!

Joolsiam Tue 09-Jun-09 14:09:49

Thanks for the suggestions

I went to the library to see what I could try out and they had the Pilates for Dummies one - have grabbed that as I am away in a hotel for the rest of the week and it will keep me usefully occupied in the evenings

Joolsiam Fri 12-Jun-09 09:38:27

Well, the verdict on Pilates for Dummies is that it is OK, but not really enough for me ! Great for keeping active for 35 mins in a hotel room whilst away on business, but I don't think it is as hard as the Pilates / Yoga mix I do in Body Balance classes - will return that to the library and see if they have anything else I can try out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now