Talk

Advanced search

Iliotibial band syndrome- help me get my running form back!

(4 Posts)
Pendulum Tue 20-Jan-09 20:19:57

My running training has been brought to an abrupt end by a sharp pain in my knee that research indicates is "ITB". Prognosis is not good- must stop running until healed, then there's a high likelihood of it recurring regularly. I'm so fed up with the prospect of a week or more without runs. Can anyone offer any happy stories of quick and successful recovery, or tips for how to treat or prevent it?

morningpaper Tue 20-Jan-09 20:21:38

my dh had this and rested for a few weeks, then got a proper gait analysis and some proper trainers to compensate

he also did some strange exercises with a (attractive male) friend who is a physio involving massage oil adn rubber bands, which was fun for me to imagine

have you had a gait analysis?

Pendulum Tue 20-Jan-09 20:33:17

thanks mp. is he still running and did it recur?

am having analysis on monday (but i guess it will show me limping with a gammy knee)

i will cheer up if prescribed massage with an attractive male friend!

morningpaper Tue 20-Jan-09 20:35:54

YEs it really DID work, a mix of a few weeks off and the exercises and the proper trainers - he's not had that problem for the last year or so

now he tends to vomit at the end of long runs instead

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now