Talk

Advanced search

An app which gives me a routine to do in the gym?

(7 Posts)
PanicInAmerica Wed 16-Oct-19 16:55:34

There is a cheap but very well ‘stocked’ gym near to me. I’d like to join but can’t afford a personal trainer to come up with a routine for me.

Is there such a thing as an app or website which comes up with a routine I can use in the gym?

The only things I can find so far are for home workouts so assume there is no equipment on hand.

PanicInAmerica Wed 16-Oct-19 19:00:44

smile

MouthyHarpy Thu 17-Oct-19 12:37:58

What sort of work out do you want?

If you want to learn to run, then any of the Couch to 5K apps are great.

If you want to learn to lift, then a lot of women here in MN recommend the 5 x5 system - there's an app/website/book, I think.

I love following Megsquats on Instagram & YouTube - she has an (American-based) programme she advertises for $8 pm, but I don't know what that's like. But her YouTube is informative & quite inspiring.

mylittlefidget Thu 17-Oct-19 20:15:12

Nike training app

nixso29 Thu 17-Oct-19 20:22:14

I follow some fitness accounts on instagram one in particular @gabsfit who always posts her gym routines split by body part and is fab for inspiration for new routines to try out

Newhouse76 Fri 18-Oct-19 14:33:57

Ive just signed up to the James Smith Academy app which gives loads of videos and they can make you a program too

PanicInAmerica Sat 19-Oct-19 13:21:01

Definitely don’t want running! grin

I’d like ideas for a routine using the machines and on the mats. Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »