Talk

Advanced search

Heart pulps while running ??

(3 Posts)
looneyloo88 Tue 23-Apr-19 18:21:01

I've been running constantly for 6 months ( around 30k a week ) however I experience heart skips/pulps irregular beats ( not sure ) a lot . I've been to the docs a couple years about it had two ECgs and a 24 hour monitor all found nothing !! Any ideas ??? It's really putting me off running at all these days as it's getting worse ( tbh I think it's causing me to be health anxious that I've got a misdiagnosed heart condition 🤦‍♀️ but what els can I do to put my mind at rest ?) is it normal?

Skala123 Tue 23-Apr-19 19:20:25

Did you run when you had the monitor on? A standard ecg is around 7 seconds long I believe so if the palpitations are specific to when you are running you will need to be checked whilst do it. Either by having a monitor on or by doing a treadmill test whilst being monitored at hospital.
Two years ago at the ripe old age of 35 I started having these whilst marathon training and ended up having a two week stint on a cardiology high dependency ward and then an ablation. So please don't ignore them!

looneyloo88 Tue 23-Apr-19 21:33:37

Yes I had one on while running ( this was when I had it a couple years ago but tbh I don't think I had any palps at all during that run when I wore one , annoyingly !) maybe I'll go back to the doctors this week as I really don't feel happy about it at all 🤷‍♀️ thanks !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »