Talk

Advanced search

Runners - what mp3 player do you recommend?

(10 Posts)
PorridgeIsYummy Thu 18-Apr-19 12:18:39

Running with my phone seems a little cumbersome, so I'm after a clip-on mp3 player with Bluetooth function.

Any recs? Thanks x

SmarmyMrMime Thu 18-Apr-19 21:06:32

It's most common to use the phone and store it in a waist belt these days.

ifeellikeanidiot Fri 19-Apr-19 08:38:25

Running with a phone not nearly as bad as you think. I use a belt, don't even know I've got it with me. It also means I can use a streaming service (in my case Spotify) so I've got unlimited music and no faffing around transferring it. I have lots of belts, but at moment the flip belt is my fave.

PorridgeIsYummy Sat 20-Apr-19 08:09:38

Thanks! I do run with my phone but I find it heavy on my arm; maybe heavy's not the right word - a bit uncomfortable, I suppose. That's why I thought a clip-on mp3 would be better, but you're right that transferring music is a faff!

Fairylea Sat 20-Apr-19 08:13:13

Spi belt from amazon and your phone. It’s amazing how light it feels when you’re running.

www.amazon.co.uk/SPIbelt-Spibelt-Energy-with-Loops/dp/B0041L8ZP6/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?s=gateway&crid=1XQBQSCTSMXN9&keywords=spi+belts&sprefix=spi+be&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&qid=1555744364&sr=8-3

EmpressLesbianInChair Sat 20-Apr-19 08:14:08

Another one with phone in my waist belt. I couldn’t get on with the arm holders.

Binglebong Sat 20-Apr-19 08:17:43

I'm like you OP - I prefer an mp3. Doesn't matter if I run the battery down then! I've just ordered a new Sansa one as I've found their other models very good. Although the headphones are rubbish.

PorridgeIsYummy Fri 26-Apr-19 17:57:09

Hi, I thought I'd post an update. I've got myself a running belt as recommended here - and it's fab! Much better than an armband. Thanks!!

evilharpy Fri 26-Apr-19 18:02:17

There’s a Garmin watch that has built in spotify. I forget which one. It’s mega bucks though.

AnnPerkins Sun 05-May-19 14:43:29

All my shorts and running tights have a zip pocket on the back which is big enough for my iPhone 6. I don’t even know its there when I’m running.

I tried a belt but it got loose and I could feel it flopping up and down.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »