Talk

Advanced search

Good (free!) beginners exercise on YouTube?

(13 Posts)
WhiteWine4TheLady Sun 24-Mar-19 13:36:45

Hi there.

I’m looking for some good short (15-20 minute) beginners exercise videos on YouTube that I can do in the mornings before work.

Any suggestions? I’m a bit overwhelmed by just searching blindly.

Ideally I’d like a cardio one, a weights one, a yoga one and maybe something fun - dance etc.

Any recommendations very gratefully received.

goldengummybear Sun 24-Mar-19 13:41:09

Jillian Michaels 30 Day shred is nearer 30 mins than 15 but includes the warmup.

WhiteWine4TheLady Sun 24-Mar-19 14:24:10

I love 30 day shred but it’s no longer free on YouTube and I’m skint!

ChipsAreLife Sun 24-Mar-19 14:26:15

Lucy whyndham-read. She has loads for different areas, times, etc. She's really clear and the workouts are idea for beginners.

Yoga with Adrienne is a good place for yoga ones

Laniakea Sun 24-Mar-19 14:34:12

Jessica Smith is good.

Tealfrog Sun 24-Mar-19 14:37:45

Rather than you tube have you thought about apps - I'm doing female fitness - woman workout

PottyPotterer Sun 24-Mar-19 14:45:57

I'm always singing her praises on here but bodyfit by Amy is brilliant, loads of beginner workouts and huge variety, range from 5-45 minutes.

Artbum Sun 24-Mar-19 14:54:10

Have a look at HASfit. They have a subscription app but a lot of their stuff is on YouTube for free. They do a variety - don’t think there is a dance one though.

The Jillian Michaels 30 day shred was in the Amazon prime shop for about £5 a couple of weeks ago and you can pick up 2nd hand DVDs. This is still the best short workout in my opinion.

MotherForkinShirtBalls Sun 24-Mar-19 14:57:01

I use both the female fitness app above and body fit by Amy. I'll be travelling with work next week and won't have time to run or swim so I'll use them,doing different routines depending on how late meetings run much time I have.

MotherForkinShirtBalls Sun 24-Mar-19 14:57:57

Also blogilates is good if you want a stretch or pilates workout.

DangerMouse17 Sun 24-Mar-19 14:58:12

Hasfit is great! Also Fitness Blender. Covers cardio and weights. Then Adriene yoga or Shona vertue yoga are good. Dance you could try some of the Pop Sugar routines on there. Enjoy!

WhiteWine4TheLady Mon 25-Mar-19 16:40:07

Thanks for all the suggestions! Brilliant. I’m having a trawl through now.

999caffeineplease Mon 25-Mar-19 16:42:18

I love the blogilates ones, although I will admit I mute them sometimes blush

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »