Talk

Advanced search

Fitness tracker - Fitbit Charge 3 or something else?

(4 Posts)
mumtosnchild Sun 24-Mar-19 07:47:15

I am looking to buy a fitness tracker as I start a healthy eating/exercising programme. Need to lose a few stone. I would like a fitness tracker to track my steps (too sedentary) and also to track my swimming.

Am thinking of the Fitbit Charge 3 but some of the reviews on Amazon are not good. Do you have any recommendations?

soulrider Sun 24-Mar-19 08:35:56

I have a Charge 3, which is used mostly for swimming. I've not had any issues with it. I already had a flex2 which is why i stuck with fitbit, although there didn't seem to be many alternatives in the same price bracket without being too bulky.

FATEdestiny Sun 24-Mar-19 09:52:48

I have the Charge 3 and love it!

Having said that, the Flex 2 will do everything you want (and much more) for a fraction of the cost. If you're not bothered about having a wrist clock, then then in your position I'd get the Flex 2

Onynx Sun 24-Mar-19 21:25:01

I was about to start my own thread- I went to buy a Fitbit Charge 3 today and the sales guy totally put me off it🙈 He said they are not accurate and he couldn't recommend it because if you swing your arm vigorously but don't take a step it still gets counted as a stepconfused He was pushing me towards a Garmin but I have tiny wrists and I can't see myself wearing one of those- they are (IMO) not as nice looking. He also highly recommended the Apple Watch but again those were far more expensive. So I'm back to square one and as confused as ever....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: