Talk

Advanced search

Would you do 10K race if hadn't run for a month?

(7 Posts)
OccasionallyIncomplet Tue 12-Mar-19 00:47:39

Yes - but take it easy. If you previous could run 7-9k then stretching to 10k isn't too much of a challenge. You might be a little stiff the next day however.

SmarmyMrMime Mon 11-Mar-19 23:53:19

Yes, but I wouldn't aim to set myself up for a particular time.

You have a good long term fitness base, and that takes a long time to fade.

Some shorter gentle runs before should help remind the muscles what they need to do, but you may get a pleasant surprise from being well rested.

Anjelika Mon 11-Mar-19 22:34:01

Thanks everyone. I'm disappointed I won't be able to do a good time but I'm sure I'll get round.

BusterTheBulldog Mon 11-Mar-19 21:20:02

Yes! Just have a gentle jog at some point, don’t worry about distance just turn your legs for 20mins, you’ll be fine, better than fine! grin

Surfskatefamily Mon 11-Mar-19 21:18:25

I would do it..probably be a bit stiff a day afterwards but would cope

Politicalacuityisathing Mon 11-Mar-19 21:11:07

Yes. One 5k 2 or 3 days before would be fine before 10k. But I'm not fussed about times so depends how competitive you are.

Anjelika Mon 11-Mar-19 21:06:11

I've been running for over 5 years. Usually run 2-3 times a week - park run and a longer run of between 7 and 9 k. Got struck down with flu a few weeks ago and haven't run for 3 weeks now. 10K race is next weekend. Might be able to fit in a 5k this week but might not. Would you run it after a 4 week break?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: