Talk

Advanced search

HIIT help.

(4 Posts)
carrottopper Sun 10-Mar-19 22:56:01

I've started doing HIIT. I've used some YouTube videos and also used their exercises to creat my own. I've been doing 1 minute on each exercise and 7 different ones.
So one round takes 7 minutes with a slight rest of a few seconds between each one. I've tried to repeat it 3x.

Any idea how many calories I may have burned? Is repeating it a good idea? I'm trying to do around 20 minutes 6 times a week

StrikingMatches Mon 11-Mar-19 19:27:00

I did a HIIT workout tonight which was 7 exercises for between 24 and 40 reps (it's actually the Body Boss workout). It was a mixture of lunges, squats, high knees, burpees etc and I did 3 x 7 minute sets. My activity tracker says I burnt 236 calories. I know this is all dependent on how efficiently your body is at burning calories but I'm guessing you'll be in that ball park.

carrottopper Mon 11-Mar-19 19:57:28

Thanks. I find I am eating a lot more when I do these exercises and reckon I've eaten more than the calories burned off!

StrikingMatches Mon 11-Mar-19 22:05:55

I'm using MFP to track my calories and trying not to eat my exercise calories. It's not easy though as this sort of exercise leaves my muscles tired. I find I eat my evening meal and have to work so hard not to just fall asleep straight after!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: