Talk

Advanced search

Thick sports tights/leggings

(17 Posts)
PoliceG Sat 23-Feb-19 19:12:31

Hello
Just wondering if anyone has come across any thick sports leggings/tights that aren’t see through? I see some ladies out wearing a shorter T-shirt with these leggings (I prefer this look) and I’m like...where did she get those from?! :-)
If so I’d love to hear from you - thank you xx

carrie74 Sat 23-Feb-19 19:36:48

Sweaty Betty reversible leggings are brilliant. Expensive though, so sale purchase only for me.

PoliceG Sat 23-Feb-19 20:32:46

Thank you so much, Carrie! Just looked them up and I am defo going to get these (.....maybe i’ll wait until after pay day! 😬) xx love it how you can get so much wear out of those what with there being two looks x thanks again!

carrie74 Sat 23-Feb-19 20:50:10

Glad you like them! I have a few pairs now, and love them.

AuntieStella Sat 23-Feb-19 22:43:01

If you're on a budget, look in the running section of Decathlon. TKMaxx usually have a good selection. Also Sports Direct (I think their own brand Karrimor is a bit rubbush for some things, but running clothes, including tights/leggings are good).

Or Contra, the new Parkrun brand (online only)

CakeIsMyFavouriteAndBest Sat 23-Feb-19 22:54:10

I can recommend Lucy locket Loves (you can find her on facebook). Lots of funky sport leggings & more casual ones too. I have the cupcake ones and they are fantastic, really comfy and nice to have something a bit different.

AuntieStella Sat 23-Feb-19 23:11:18

I love be the look of some of those, Cake !

But the sizing chart isn't terribly helpful. It just gives XS, S , M etc in terms of 6/8, 10, 12 etc, withough saying what size cm/inches for waist and hip of those sizes - and they really can vary!

Do you happen to know what measurement a size actually fits? Might help make it a bit easier to guess if you know one as a starting point!

OrigamiZoo Sat 23-Feb-19 23:13:48

USA Pro do fantastic leggings, tried many, I only wear them now.

CakeIsMyFavouriteAndBest Sun 24-Feb-19 22:56:41

If you go on the website and look at the faq they have a load of sizing info. I have a medium and I am size 12/14 and they fit perfectly. They are really helpful on Facebook too if you have any questions.

CakeIsMyFavouriteAndBest Sun 24-Feb-19 22:57:09

If you go on the website and look at the faq they have a load of sizing info. I have a medium and I am size 12/14 and they fit perfectly. They are really helpful on Facebook too if you have any questions.

AuntieStella Sun 24-Feb-19 23:45:19

Yes, 'd looked at the FAQ and size guide, that how I knew they only gave S/M/L etc, and how they correspond to 8/10/12 etc. As I can be anywhere between a 6 and a 12 in clothes between brands, and anywhere between as XS and a M in sportswear brands, it isn't exactly helpful. They do give measurement for the leg lengths, but not for any other dimension.

That's why I wanted to know if you knew what measurement in inches or cm at waist or hip for one of the sizes.

I don't use Facebook. And I probably own too many bits of running gear already, so perhaps it's as well that the website is unhelpful!

fingernailsbitten Wed 27-Feb-19 12:39:49

Tikiboo leggings (online) are a little pricey but very good quality. Also someone els mentioned Karrimor. Their running leggings are decent too and you can get two pairs for £17.

Also I must say the ASDA/George fitness range has excellent quality leggings. If you live in Essex there is a huge George at ASDA outlet at Lakeside in the retail park near the M & S Outlet and Nike. Definitely worth a visit.

Rollerbird Wed 27-Feb-19 23:38:40

Hahaha I was just going to post Tikiboo
Great, comfy, funky, addictive, zip pocket on rear waistband, tie waist, high waist.

EvaHarknessRose Sun 10-Mar-19 21:14:43

Lapasa ones from Amazon are good. Slightly shiny texture.

ETgo Tue 12-Mar-19 12:30:25

Are any brands better at not showing sweat in the crotch area? 😯 slight issue after the gym today!

VixenAbroad Tue 12-Mar-19 12:34:37

I really like Bam leggings - the website is bamboo clothing.co.uk - not the cheapest but fab fit and breathability and also wash well and last brilliantly. I prefer them to Sweaty Betty, though both are good, and they have great sales too.

nbee84 Tue 12-Mar-19 12:50:48

ETgo - I always stick with black or highly patterned as they don't show the sweat patches.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: