Talk

Advanced search

Spinning whilst pregnant

(5 Posts)
ellaV Mon 11-Jun-18 09:36:00

I'm well known for doing zero exercise, because I hate it frankly. However, now 12 weeks pregnant and after putting on two stone in two years, I would really like to tone up my wobbly bits to feel a bit better about myself.
DP has a spin bike... so do I use this at home with a you tube spin class on the go? Will this give me a whole body workout?
I REALLY can't be bothered with gym or swimming, and walking just isn't high impact enough for me.
Holiday in 4 weeks time to feel good for!

Peacefulbanana Wed 13-Jun-18 09:09:14

I was still spinning on my due date ! but i have always done quite a bit of exercise.
its good cardio if you keep up the pace, I'd just be careful easing into it if you arent used to doing much.

ellaV Wed 13-Jun-18 09:59:21

Thank you, starting today!!

waterlego Wed 13-Jun-18 10:09:41

Normally it isn't recommended to start up a new exercise regime when pregnant. It's different if you already exercised regularly beforehand. If you are in reasonably good health anyway, it would probably be fine, but please check with your midwife or GP first. I am a Fitness Instructor and PT and this is what I would say to a client.

RumerGodden Wed 13-Jun-18 10:16:20

Don't ramp up exercise while pregnant, stick to whatever level you were at. Maybe try walking. Or swimming some gentle laps. The intensity of a spin class is not suitable if you are not already used to exercising at that level.

Remember also that all your tendons etc are looser during pregnancy so it is easy to stretch them and lead to long term probs...v common in runners etc who continue to run while pregnant.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: