Talk

Advanced search

Calorie counting/macros/my fitness pal

(9 Posts)
Justusfornow Sun 10-Jun-18 09:59:17

So I've been exercising for a few years now pretty steady (can't say the same for my diet) and I'm officially at the stage of "can't out train a bad diet" . So I decided to mix it up and changed to a different PT - twice a week and then gym classes twice a week and one walk. He has put me on 1600 calories daily - with a little lot google research I found out to tone/have muscles I need to eat 1gram
Of protein per pound I weigh which is 40% of my daily calories,according to my body shape I should then eat 40% carbs and 30% fats - just wondering has anyone any experience of this ? Know if this sounds right? Had any success? ?

NC4Now Sun 10-Jun-18 10:01:27

Yeah, that’s what my PT reckons for ratios.

Justusfornow Sun 10-Jun-18 10:36:54

That's NC4now how's it going for you? Fitness pals preset goals are different so I'm currently spending the morning writing out foods nutrional content so I can meal plan!

NC4Now Sun 10-Jun-18 11:15:51

I’ve fallen off the wagon a bit lately tbh but when I was on it it worked a treat.
I need to get my arse into gear!

Justusfornow Sun 10-Jun-18 16:14:03

Aw so easy done ! I've spent all morning planning food then ate chicken curry with garlic bread rice. Going to go get the groceries now and commence from tomorrow

MelanieCheeks Sun 10-Jun-18 16:16:50

You can change the ratios on MFP if you go into custom settings.

What daily grams of protein are you aiming for and I'll give you some ideas?

Justusfornow Mon 11-Jun-18 19:24:38

Thanks melaniecheeks - I changed them and all - 160g protein ATM! Any ideas welcome

MelanieCheeks Mon 11-Jun-18 22:15:57

Breakfast-eggs or cottage cheese. One whole egg plus an egg white, scrambled, add on some ham or bacon.

Snack on cheese, nuts, boiled egg, or crab sticks or prawns.

Lunch-chicken or tuna salad

Snack humous or other bean dip with crudités. Seek out those chickpea based crackers.

Dinner steak or salmon with veg in a cheese sauce. Greek yoghurt.

Peacefulbanana Wed 13-Jun-18 07:42:05

sounds right just make sure the carbs come from pulses/Brown rice/sweet potato etc and not bread,pasta or white rice as they have a totally different effect.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: