Advanced search

March fitness challenge-come join me and set your goal!

(51 Posts)
Myview2 Wed 28-Feb-18 22:26:11

Hello, right having survived a ‘run everyday February’ it is time to set out my challenge for March.

So this month I am planning to continue to run every day, again length of time or distance is not important but I do want to improve. I am also pledging to run 1000 miles by the end of 2018! Only 938 miles to go shock

For March I am also going to continue to stay away from processed biscuits, sweets and cakes but will allow myself homemade versions (which I will try to make as healthily as possible.)

Ok, my work here is done. What will you do for March?

Myview2 Wed 28-Feb-18 22:38:08

Oh, just had a panic when I realised I might have sworn off chocolate for Easter but no Easter Sunday is 1st April-phew!

elliejjtiny Thu 01-Mar-18 08:27:40

Morning myview. I'm in. Aiming to either run or do my exercise DVD every day. Also want to lose a stone this month which will hopefully make the running a bit easier.

pontiouspilates Thu 01-Mar-18 08:40:08

I'm in! Aiming for a wine free March. Minimum of 10k steps
Per day and run/HIIT training x4 per week. I would also like to lose a stone

carrie74 Thu 01-Mar-18 08:57:58

Well done, sounds great! My Apple Watch sets me monthly challenges - I met February (to close my rings for 26 days - I managed every day. That's 30 mins if exercise, 450 active calories burnt and standing for at least a. Minute for 12 hour's a day)

March's challenge is to complete at least 1925 mins of exercise in the month - that's an average of 62 mins a day. At the moment seems unlikely, but I hate missing my challenges grin, so onwards and upwards.

Snow day today (working from home), so hopefully a home workout at some point this evening (as my circuits class will be cancelled), and it looks as though some sledging as well smile

Asdwife Thu 01-Mar-18 09:14:31

Morning, thanks for starting the March thread! Inspired by elliejjtiny I am going to either run or do one of the Shaun T youtube workouts every day, that way I can get around my childcare problem.
Can't really say I'm going to give up any type of food as it would never stick but I do want to drink far more water (I currently drink almost none - bad tea addict), so maybe two lots of my water bottle per day.

Myview2 Thu 01-Mar-18 16:31:36

Ugh more blizzards today and everywhere closed so it was pathetic 15 mins run around the house. Very unsatisfying but I'm counting it anyway.

I also found a recipe and made some microwave brownies in a mug with the kids. They were not very tasty so the good news was I didn't much of them!

I hope everyone else has fared better!

SillyLittleBiscuit Fri 02-Mar-18 12:36:55

I signed up for 6 x 1 hour PT sessions and asked her to help me lift heavy weights. I'm going for 3 x weights and 2 x cardio a week. I'm not going to step on the scale 3 x a day and I'm not going to drink alcohol until April.

Saw PT on Tuesday and did a session yesterday.

Asdwife Fri 02-Mar-18 21:35:05

This weather is really not helping! No exercise done here but I have drunk my 2 bottles of water.

Myview2 Fri 02-Mar-18 23:53:34

I so very nearly talked myself out of running today since I refused to do another house dash but the guilt was too much so I wrapped up, stuck on my hiking boots and had a very pleasant gentle job in the snow instead for 15 minutes. Better than nothing!

Myview2 Sat 03-Mar-18 10:58:35

Back to running around the house today, please go away snow I would like to run properly outside! Anyway a quick dash around in the warmth and 3.4km done. I will run everyday regardless-oh yes I will!!! How are you all getting on?

Asdwife Sat 03-Mar-18 19:14:42

You either have a huge house or you're doing a lot of laps myview!
No exercise again today but drank my water. I'm really looking forward to an outside run too.

Myview2 Sat 03-Mar-18 20:02:03

I have succumbed to tablet tonight-damn it I was doing so well but I just cannot resist tablet!

I did many many laps ASDwife, my house is a semi and quite long from front to back so I can get a good circuit going if I include up and downstairs. It’s not great but better than injuring myself by running in the snow and hopefully I won’t need to do it for too much longer as the gyms should be opening again soon.

Well done on the water drinking, I’m not good at this either.

Myview2 Sun 04-Mar-18 15:34:53

Some of the snow has started melting at last so after a ten minute drudge through what was left I managed a nice wee run on ice free snow free tarmac. 5k done and amazing to be out running properly again.

Asdwife Sun 04-Mar-18 19:51:04

Feeling inspired myview, our snow also melted today so I'm off to do a 5k now!

Sammysquiz Sun 04-Mar-18 21:32:50

I’m in! I’ve been getting into running since the new year, but I’m a bit half-hearted and run very slowly and give up at the drop of a hat! So my goal is to pull my socks up, push myself a bit harder, and mix up my training with some speed-intervals and hills. I’ve entered a 10km in May and would like to do it under an hour.

Myview2 Mon 05-Mar-18 19:48:34

Brilliant, how did your 5k go ASDwife?

Good luck on your 10k training Sammy.

I was delighted to get outside again today even though it was in the pouring rain and only for 15 minutes, I need to starting upping the mileage if I’m going to do 1000miles by the end of the year which means I need to find more time or run faster (probably both!)

Isadora2007 Mon 05-Mar-18 19:53:19

Late to the game as we are well into March- but can I play too?

I was wondering if it would be realistic to try to do couch to 5K on treadmill at my gym (3 times per week) and also two classes as well.

I’m scared to try to attempt too much diet wise as I tend to be so “good” for one or two weeks then binge for Britain after that an end up gaining overall. But maybe just cutting down on processed sugary treats or something would be good.

I’m scared as I know you can’t outrun a poor diet and I really DO need to lose a good few stones.

Asdwife Mon 05-Mar-18 21:29:25

5k went well thanks and I too ran a soggy 15mins in the rain today!
Sammy I'm training for 10k too. Have just talked my sister into doing a sponsored 10k run for a local cause close to her heart so that will probably be in May.
Welcome Isadora! I find that I want to eat less crap the more I exercise as I end up feeling good about myself and want to keep feeling good, if you know what I mean.

Isadora2007 Mon 05-Mar-18 21:51:02

@Asdwife that’s it! I could just aim to “eat less crap” and that would honestly make a huge difference to me I bet.
Thank you. flowers

Asdwife Mon 05-Mar-18 22:03:46

Maybe focus more on the exercise and how good it makes you feel than on the diet and see if you naturally eat less crap?!

Myview2 Tue 06-Mar-18 19:24:56

I agree exercising does lessen the urge to eat crap, it’s very odd and a good thing!

I managed to run 7.1km, I was going for 7.5km and thought I’d just added my 5km route to my 2.5km route but clearly I made a shortcut somewhere! It was hard enough with 400m less than planned. It’s still the furthest I’ve run in years so progress is being made.

Asdwife Tue 06-Mar-18 21:29:19

Brilliant myview! I am looking forward to my next long run. Managed 2.5k today and my 2 bottles of water.

Myview2 Wed 07-Mar-18 20:03:55

How is everyone getting on?

Just checking in to record my new record 🤗 I managed to run 9.5km tonight, I’m possibly a bit broken now so should probably take it easy over the next couple of days but I’m feeling rather pleased to have managed that. I also have a nice 10km route in mind whenever I find the energy to manage that extra 500 metres!

Asdwife Wed 07-Mar-18 22:01:53

Amazing work myview! Take it easy tomorrow won't you. I'm not doing very well with the running to be honest but the water drinking is on the up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now