Talk

Advanced search

Which gym for my family

(14 Posts)
Heartshapedfairylights Tue 13-Feb-18 18:29:13

I’m keen to join a gym/health club with my DH and two DC aged 11 and 9.
I’d like the 11 year old to access supervised gym sessions.
At the moment, DL seem to offer this but I can’t work out from websites whether anywhere else does.
Clubs we have access to are Nuffield, Virgin, DL plus council run health centres.
We live around the Sutton/Kingston area.
Anyone have any ideas? DL is so expensive!

Heartshapedfairylights Fri 16-Feb-18 17:06:27

Bump bump!

expatmigrant Fri 16-Feb-18 18:05:31

I would have a look at the council run LC if it is close to you. They tend to have some good activities for school holidays and usually run some special offers as well. Personally, I think DL is an absolute ripoff.
I'm not sure about Kingston/Sutton area as I'm a bit further west.

Heartshapedfairylights Sat 17-Feb-18 14:56:34

Thanks expat.
Yeah, we have some good local leisure centres but i’m after one that offers gym sessions for 11 year olds. Annoyingly, DL and Virgin are the only ones that seems to do this.
I resent paying DL prices even though the closest one has got nice facilities.
Think we might just have to wait until my boy is a bit older.

Strongbeatsskinny Sat 17-Feb-18 16:06:07

I’d go with virgin over DL do you have any other ones available to you? Bannatyne’s or a village hotel, DW sports any independent ones nearby they sometimes allow older children in

AtSea1979 Sat 17-Feb-18 16:08:21

Our local leisure centre offer gym for 11+ too. Also another local chain one near me have a seperate Family gym for 7+

AtSea1979 Sat 17-Feb-18 16:10:33

Total fitness is the one with mini gym

Ginxed Sat 17-Feb-18 16:20:25

Don't go with total fitness they have a new junior policy that means once they are 8 dc have to be supervised in the changing room and toilet by an adult of the same sex, so if your dc are a boy and girl then both parents have to accompany them at all times!

Heartshapedfairylights Sat 17-Feb-18 16:26:40

Thanks for replying folks!
We do have a DW sports nearby which I didn’t know about but it’s adult only. All the other chains are too far.
DL have exactly what i’m after but I just don’t want to cough up!! grin

AtSea1979 Sat 17-Feb-18 20:40:28

Until what age ginxed ?

memememe Mon 19-Feb-18 12:29:56

leatherhead leisure center do junior gym sessions. its a bit further but might be worth it.

Heartshapedfairylights Mon 19-Feb-18 18:33:37

Thanks meme. I’ll have a look.

Strongbeatsskinny Tue 20-Feb-18 14:53:27

Is there a Roko near you at all? They don’t have many clubs around the country give them a try

Heartshapedfairylights Tue 20-Feb-18 18:38:05

Ah! Roko looks great. Unfortunately there isn’t one close by. Would have been ideal for when DS turns 12.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: