Talk

Advanced search

I think I need something to help me repair after exercise?

(14 Posts)
newfunahead Tue 13-Feb-18 07:25:44

So I currently do pole fitness which I love but it puts a lot of pressure on the joints. I also slightly sprained my ankle recently and it is still sore (I think the cold makes it worse).

I'm wondering if there is anything I could take that helps with joints and helps your body to repair quicker?

Any suggestions would be welcomed smile

SunnySomer Tue 13-Feb-18 07:29:53

My DH takes glucosamine because his joints were hurting after running and he reckons it’s made a massive difference

newfunahead Tue 13-Feb-18 13:00:53

Thank you for the reply smile I will look it up

antimatter Tue 13-Feb-18 13:38:38

Do you warm up before exercises start and cool down and stretch properly afterwards?
I think some people benefit from much longer stretching than others.

AllTheWayDown Tue 13-Feb-18 15:57:01

http://www.rocktape.co.uk/how-it-works/

Haven't really read through but might help you? Not sure if it's just for running.

AllTheWayDown Tue 13-Feb-18 15:58:00

I also second glucosamine, have been taking it for a while as I have painful joints and it has helped.

AlbertaSimmons Tue 13-Feb-18 15:59:48

I'm old and do a lot of exercise, which leaves me stiff and sore. My friend has recommended magnesium supplements - she says they've made a big difference to her. I'm going to give them a try.

LondonHereICome Tue 13-Feb-18 16:06:14

I used glucosamine during my last marathon training

Hated the taste

ljlkk Tue 13-Feb-18 19:05:21

Eating Protein within the first 45 minutes after a workout is supposed to be helpful. Literally amino acid supply for repair. I don't really believe in the other stuff.

newfunahead Fri 16-Feb-18 23:32:40

Antimatter - I do warm up and stretch at the end of the class. I am thinking of taking up yoga for more stretching as I think my body could do with more stretching

newfunahead Fri 16-Feb-18 23:34:47

Alberta - oh I remember one of my pole teachers recommended magnesium spray before I might try that

newfunahead Fri 16-Feb-18 23:36:59

I also think I need to up my protein intake! Any ideas of a type of homemade protein snacks / bars I could make to take with me to have after working out?

antimatter Sat 17-Feb-18 08:41:26

I would also revisit aligning of your body for particular sport you are doing. I've met people who were instructed badly in Tai-chi and who consequently have dsmaged their knees. Maybe consulting with another instrucor who can observe your posture would help?

Piffpaffpoff Sat 17-Feb-18 08:51:09

I feel worse if I take glucosamine, which is irritating. I’ve tried it on three separate occasions now, for about a week each time and it just doesn’t agree with me unfortunately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now