Talk

Advanced search

Road shoes suggestions

(5 Posts)
MaisyPops Sun 11-Feb-18 13:23:34

About 3-4 years ago I did couch to 5k and have kept running ever since. But i did it with a cheap pair of adidas trainers and then moved onto trail running.
I did ny first half marathon 2 years ago but did it in my trail shoes because my original road shoes were nowhere near as comfy as my trail ones

Now I'n trying road again but need a pair of decent road shoes. I went out this morning in my usual Nike frees for the gym but still not close to my trail shoes.

I need the collective advice of fitness people. I get on well with nike frees in thr gym, use studio wraps for classes and my trail shoes are Inov8 Race Ultras.
High arches, neutral pronation.

What would be a good place to start for a new pair if road shoes for running 10km-half marathon distances?

emummy Sun 11-Feb-18 17:49:31

I would probably go to a shop and try a few pairs on to see which ones agree with you!

Itscurtainsforyou Sun 11-Feb-18 18:13:40

Yes running shop with a gait analysis to make sure you get a pair that suit your feet/running style

applelolly Sun 11-Feb-18 18:37:34

I've just got a pair of Altra Torrin 3s. They are zero drop with a "foot shaped" toe box. If you like your innov8s I suggest having a look at them. I am loving mine. The Torrins are the most cushioned of the Altra range so may be a good place to start if you are new to zero drop.

MaisyPops Sun 11-Feb-18 19:48:01

Thank you everyone.
My nearest running shops only seem to stock 2 makes or so (hence why i'm looking at ordering a couple from wiggle/sport pursuit).

apple They sound promising. I like having the wider toe box on thr inov8s. My trail shoes have a 4mm drop which I like. Ones like 10-12mm don't work for me. I'll look at that make.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: