Talk

Advanced search

I just did my first 5km run

(13 Posts)
Shnazzyshot Fri 02-Feb-18 15:56:01

It did take 42 minutes but I'm happy!

How long did it take you to do your first 5k and how did you improve?

emummy Fri 02-Feb-18 16:48:16

Well done! I think my first took me 40 minutes. I improved just with repeated running, and then adding in some intervals and hill reps after a while. Great start. Come and join us on the running thread, we are very friendly!

TheMogget Fri 02-Feb-18 16:59:08

Well done! It doesn't matter how long it took you - you did it!

athingthateveryoneneeds Fri 02-Feb-18 17:00:12

Wahey! Congratulations! I've managed 4.8km - 5k is so close Incan taste it.

I'm slow, but I don't care. grin

Shnazzyshot Fri 02-Feb-18 17:07:16

Thanks everyone I feel great and can't wait until my next run.

Well done athing, you're so close!

DonnyAndVladSittingInATree Fri 02-Feb-18 17:09:11

Oh well done you!!

I tried couch to 5k a few weeks ago and had to stop at 13 minutes. blush no idea how far I got. I keep meaning to start again. I’m so unfit. It’s embarassing.

Teacupinastorm Fri 02-Feb-18 17:10:47

My first took me 46:32. Now pretty much one year on im at 36:45. I just kept running really! Is a huge achievement for me, I’ve always said I’d ‘never be able to run’. I do go to a running club but I wouldn’t say I do proper running training.
Seem to have lost my mojo recently though. Need to find it again, would be a shame to lose the progress I made and the actual blood sweat and tears that went into it!
Well done you - keep going!

AuntieStella Sat 03-Feb-18 19:27:16

Congrats!!

By the time I could run 5k without a break I could do it in about 33m.

I improved by just keeping running!

I did Parkrun frequently, and joined a running club which did hilk work from time to time, and I think that kind of extra challenge in a run (without increasing distance helped).

Shnazzyshot Mon 05-Feb-18 10:59:40

Thanks everyone. I did another 5k run yesterday and managed it in 39 mins! So proud of myself as sad as that sounds.

One of my legs is really really hurting today though sad

starsinyourpies Mon 05-Feb-18 11:01:33

Well done! Is there a link to the running thread? Sounds great.

starsinyourpies Mon 05-Feb-18 11:02:13

I found as I started running more regularly my time came down quickly, park run helps!

LemonBreeland Mon 05-Feb-18 11:03:05

Well done. I'm just getting back into running after months of nothing. I did 5k in 36.36 yesterday, with DS2 (10) helping me along. I'm usually very slow but have been working on getting faster. I've been doing a few 3.5k runs and running them faster to help up my pace.

At the start of January I was running 5k in just over 40 minutes so have improved a fair bit.

Trialsmum Sat 10-Feb-18 21:55:42

I did my first 5k run in 30mins but I’d been doing Insanity already so I was already pretty fit. I didn’t manage to get any faster though! I haven’t been able to do it since it’s been getting dark so early though but have stuck with Insanity, so we’ll see what I can do when the nights get lighter again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now