Talk

Advanced search

Sweaty Betty. TOO BLOODY EXPENSIVE

(47 Posts)
TheOrigBrave Tue 30-Jan-18 17:01:30

I got a £50 voucher for Xmas. A generous gift, no?
There is fuck all I can buy from there for that. I mean, who spends £200 on a sports top.

I do have a lovely running top from a few years ago and thought I'd be able to get something like that. Maybe I need to wait until Spring.

PurpleDaisies Tue 30-Jan-18 17:03:33

They have great sales!

carrie74 Wed 31-Jan-18 14:41:45

Save it for the sales (but have a mooch now to see what you might line up / fits well). The prices are ouchy, but my goodness, the leggings are so much better than others I've had.

NewYearNiki Sat 03-Feb-18 23:02:13

Wait for a sale and being a member gets you 10% extra off sale items.

bibblebobblebubble Sat 03-Feb-18 23:07:13

The zero gravity leggings are v good - usually about £95 but I got them in the January sale for about £50.

Justfivemoreminutesplease Sat 03-Feb-18 23:11:27

Meh.... expensive yes but I love their clothes and even better customer service - was looking for a top yesterday that was low in stock / out of stock where I was and within 5 minutes of me asking for it, I had a call from a London shop that had it. They posted it to me and it arrived this afternoon.
Pretty faultless service.

NewYearNiki Sat 03-Feb-18 23:24:17

@bibblebobblebubble

You should have waited. They did a massive extra discount for the end of sale and I got my zero gravity leggings for £37

Growingboys Sat 10-Feb-18 07:13:04

The leggings are great. Shame they don't have an inside pocket for keys/credit card like my Nike ones but are pretty near perfect.

Amatree Sat 10-Feb-18 07:16:00

Definitely wait for the sale. I love SB especially tops as they're all lovely and long in the body. I have a couple of tops from there that I've washed and worn for several years week in week out and they're as good as new.

NeverTwerkNaked Sat 10-Feb-18 07:29:08

wait for the sale?
Or look at their accessories?

FashionFiend Tue 13-Feb-18 11:56:29

When do you think they'll have another sale? I'd love to buy some running tights but can't justice the price.

AveEldon Tue 13-Feb-18 11:59:49

Join the mailing list
They tend to send out £15 off vouchers quite frequently

FashionFiend Wed 14-Feb-18 15:20:26

thanks

thisgirlrides Wed 14-Feb-18 16:31:24

@TheOrigBrave I too have a £50 voucher & equally shocked how pricey it has got (not that it was ever cheap but you could definitely get some proper items of clothing under £50 a few years ago).

Will have to join mailing list & wait for the sale hmm

ohfortuna Thu 15-Feb-18 11:02:04

Are the leggings really that much better?
How can they be I don't understand?
I think the prices are just crazy and don't get me started on Lulumon

I have muscular legs from strength training, most leggings I try are too big in the waist and too small in the leg

TheOrigBrave Thu 15-Feb-18 16:12:39

I've signed up to the mailing list and got 10% off first order. Hoorah.
Will still wait for sale though.

Right now, I am sitting in my £15 Aldi spotty leggings and honestly, I fail to see what improvements another £80 or whatever could make.
These are long enough for me (tall), comfy around the waist, have a zip pocket at the back, the spots are reflective (SO many compliments!) and have been worn and washed many, many times.
I couldn't care less about bum sculpting, my arse is fine thanks.

I'm also wearing my SB top which I do love.

CanIBuffalo Thu 15-Feb-18 16:17:56

Zero gravity leggings are worth every penny. I have a dark cropped pair that I use for yoga. I'm fat of arse and thick of thigh (glamourpuss) and when I bend over there's no pattern turning white or - worse- being able to see things that would put the poor bastard behind me right off their cat-cow.

CanIBuffalo Thu 15-Feb-18 16:19:23

The pattern also does a fab job of disguising inadvertant camel toe.grin

MorrisZapp Thu 15-Feb-18 16:24:17

I always wander in, look at the teeny tiny clothes, then wander back out again. Ditto lululemon.

Their clothes appear to be made for very tall, thin children.

MorrisZapp Thu 15-Feb-18 16:25:08

Active wear for people who already got thin, yay.

Christmastits Thu 15-Feb-18 16:30:52

@MorrisZapp totally agree. It depresses me so much that all their clothes are for tiny people sad

TheOrigBrave Thu 15-Feb-18 16:32:12

I've always been thin Morris
I didn't work out just to be able to get into SB clothing. nb I actually have no idea what size they go up to, lots bigger than me I imagine.

TheOrigBrave Thu 15-Feb-18 16:34:09

OK, I just looked. They go up to a 16.
That is NOT small.

CanIBuffalo Thu 15-Feb-18 16:43:16

Their clothes are not just for tiny people. I'm a solid size 16 in M&S.

NeverTwerkNaked Thu 15-Feb-18 17:22:44

I’m a very wobbly person

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: