Talk

Advanced search

Run Every Day January - MIND

(53 Posts)
DropZoneOne Thu 14-Dec-17 17:42:23

I've signed up to this along with a few work colleagues. Having never made it past week 6 of C25K, January is going to be interesting!

Anyone else taking part?

Sirzy Thu 14-Dec-17 17:43:15

I am going to sign up for it later. Need something to give me a kick up the backside!

runwalkrun Thu 14-Dec-17 17:46:05

I'm no expert, but I don't think you're supposed to run every day.
There should be rest days in between the 'run' days.
I could probably am be wrong? confused

But good luck anyway!

DropZoneOne Thu 14-Dec-17 17:56:28

You don't have to run, the idea is to move every day ... but that wouldn't spell RED 😁 It's raising awareness that daily exercise, in whatever form, is good for mental as well as physical health.

Link here: www.runeverydayjanuary.com

givemushypeasachance Fri 15-Dec-17 10:32:32

I hadn't heard of this but have signed up, it sounds like a good challenge! I go to the gym pretty much every day and have been getting into Parkrun and going for jogs in the evenings a few days a week, so probably do something every day as it is, but it would be nice to make it purposeful during the darkest, coldest time of year when post-Christmas slump might tempt me to stay in on the sofa.

diymania Fri 15-Dec-17 10:35:20

I’ve signed up. Although got an email saying the packs/Tshirt may be a little delayed as they’ve had such a good response! But that doesn’t bother me....it’s great that so many people want to take part!

SocksRock Wed 20-Dec-17 19:34:04

My tshirt came today - no backing out now...

pinkginanyone Wed 20-Dec-17 22:49:59

Just tried to sign up, I don’t think it’s inclusive of Northern Ireland 😢 saying postcode not accepted!!

AuntieStella Fri 22-Dec-17 14:04:16

It says run or walk everyday.

Is there any way to join if you are not on FB?

givemushypeasachance Fri 22-Dec-17 15:39:30

I joined on the Mind RED website not through FB.

DropZoneOne Mon 01-Jan-18 13:23:32

I set my alarm this morning to do park run but it was tipping down with rain and I could hear the wind! I've just been out now, still raining and it was cold, but I redid w5r1 and it was ok. Not as easy as it was back in September when I last ran but I went out and I feel better for it.

How is everyone else doing?

Sirzy Mon 01-Jan-18 13:25:42

I dragged my hungover self to parkrun so day one done

Fizzyknickers Mon 01-Jan-18 14:55:01

I saw lots of RED January t shirts at parkrun this morning smile it’s a threat idea, I hadn’t heard about it before but I’ll look into it further now

Fizzyknickers Mon 01-Jan-18 14:55:20

Obviously I meant great idea! -.-

EdithDickie Mon 01-Jan-18 15:53:28

I did my run this morning too. Very windy and I was very sleepy but felt really good for it.

shortaris1 Mon 01-Jan-18 19:47:12

I'm in! Did my 1st run today but only managed while as I had a dreadful stitch nothing to do with last nights cheese

shortaris1 Mon 01-Jan-18 19:48:01

1 mile, that should say.

DropZoneOne Tue 02-Jan-18 12:35:00

Well done Sirzy, Fizzy and shortharis, first day ticked off! 1 mile is still a mile more than you've done before.

I ache badly today so whatever I do will have to be gentle.

givemushypeasachance Tue 02-Jan-18 13:42:17

I saw someone with a t-shirt at parkrun yesterday too, complimented him on it! Started off with a double parkrun for day one, probably pop out for a short run this evening if I can make it before all the wind and rain arrives. I cycle to work everyday but don't want to count that as my outside exercise unless I really can't fit in a run or walk around that.

EdithDickie Tue 02-Jan-18 22:14:50

Day 2 : done!

DropZoneOne Tue 02-Jan-18 22:42:18

Well done everyone!

I managed a 30 minute walk which was just under 2 miles.

#2/31 done!

Fizzyknickers Wed 03-Jan-18 09:37:22

Day two done. I only managed 1.2km because I have a recurring issue with my knee and it’s playing up. Didn’t want to risk it any further. Seeing a physio today tho smile not sure what I’ll manage to fit in today

givemushypeasachance Wed 03-Jan-18 10:01:19

I went out for a 1.1 mile trot around the block in the dark and drizzle, not too strenuous. I'm seeing friends after work this evening so won't be back home till after 9pm, will have to see how my motivation to actually run and not "cheat" by counting my cycling holds up!

DropZoneOne Wed 03-Jan-18 19:52:14

Day #3/31

Still a bit achy today so did another brisk 2 mile walk and improved my pace. Aiming for a run tomorrow morning as I'm back to work on Friday.

Hoping my t-shirt comes soon too. Apparently more being dispatched on Friday - over 22000 people are registered!

How is everyone else doing?

SocksRock Wed 03-Jan-18 21:03:12

Day 3 done here! Sticking to a minimum of 3.5km and 12,000 steps so far...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: