Talk

Advanced search

Berlin Marathon 2018!

(6 Posts)
MrsStrauli Thu 30-Nov-17 18:12:07

So...I applied for Berlin Marathon ballot place on a whim (largely thinking that since it was my first marathon ballot I couldn't possibly get a place)....and now I have a place for 2018!!

I am not a keen runner but did work for a kids charity running a team of 500 runners for the London Marathon a few years back. Since then, I've got up 12 miles and then work injury got in the way and I started swimming and doing aerobic exercise more (not so much lately though...).

Anyway! Is anyone else doing the Berlin Marathon? Anyone else training for any marathon at all? Am I INSANE (rhetorical)??

MrsStrauli Thu 30-Nov-17 18:13:20

Oh, and I'm about to go to rural Latvia for three weeks for work so no idea how to start training in the snow!

emummy Thu 30-Nov-17 19:33:26

You are not insane! It will be brilliant! Also it's not till September so you don't need to run in Latvia. In the new year start getting out for regular runs, build your distance slowly. There are loads of marathon training plans online. MyAsics seems popular, and there are good ones on the London marathon website. And I'm sure the ladies on the London 2018 thread would be happy to have you! Also the RunMummyRun facebook page is very supportive. Good luck!

MrsStrauli Fri 01-Dec-17 11:31:21

Thank you so much....I'll nip over to those now. And I'm VERY glad not to have to run in Latvia...there's an ice rink so I'll consider it cross training! Thanks for your encouragement - I am excited too!

Kazplus2 Tue 19-Dec-17 21:54:51

I signed up for a charity place in Berlin. Still feeling a bit nervous!!!

MrsStrauli Wed 03-Jan-18 18:27:13

@kazplus2 - amazing! What training plan are you doing? I'm doing Jeff Galloway because I've always done interval running. Not too long now until training starts bc 29 week plan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now