Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Running goals (other than PBs!)

(13 Posts)
ImprovingMyMH Fri 03-Nov-17 20:23:22

Does anyone have any interesting running goals other than PBs? I'm trying to mix things up a bit (and not to focus on speed too much), so I've identified 3x local hills that I'm going to conquer 😄💪🏻.

MiddlingMum Fri 03-Nov-17 20:44:41

To do a 10k. I'm a relative beginner so 10k is a long way for me. I've done 7k so not too far off smile

Also to run round Tarn Hows in the Lake District one day. Walked it several times but not run it.

Hills sounds good. There aren't many round here - I'm never sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

OneMoStep Fri 03-Nov-17 20:51:52

Middling, you're not far off 10k at all! I just added 1k/week to my longer run to get from 5k to 10k. And I definitely didn't worry about speed as I did so. Good luck 😊.

OneMoStep Fri 03-Nov-17 20:53:20

Oh, I NCd to a running-related name 😄.

lljkk Fri 03-Nov-17 21:44:45

Not to get injured.
To keep going, I like the endorphin highs and being able to eat more (than I could if I didn't run).

OneMoStep Fri 03-Nov-17 21:56:26

lljkk, I agree re the food! There's a sweater made by a company called This Mum Runs that I'd love - it says Run miles. Eat cake.

🍰

MiddlingMum Fri 03-Nov-17 22:11:16

OneMoStep I'm quite advanced into middle age, and get rather creaky if I run too much so I'm doing it really gently. But yes, not a lot further to go smile

lljkk Sat 04-Nov-17 13:54:58

I quite like the mug, too. smile

pinkcandy84 Sat 04-Nov-17 18:48:31

Improve mental health, gain more energy, enjoy the outdoors, help my loneliness (by running by myself, which I know doesn't make a lot of sense) and eat carbs! grin

OneMoStep Sat 04-Nov-17 20:08:34

lljkk, I so need that mug 😄.

pink, I'm entirely with you for all of your goals! I think I probably prefer running alone, but I still feel like I'm a member of a running community now, partly because of the Run Mummy Run FB group (and the spin off Run Bitch Run).

lljkk Sat 04-Nov-17 20:57:48

Give us a 3 sentence description of what each of those groups (RMR & RBR are like)? What do they do for you or talk about, what were the last 3 discussions.... They're closed so I can't see what I'd be joining...

OneMoStep Sat 04-Nov-17 21:15:09

Okay 😄, I'll try:

Run Mummy Run - a really supportive running community for women. Lots of posts about training, injuries, races etc. No swearing though, and you can only put injury shots in the comments. There's also an RMR shop for running gear.

Run Bitch Run - this was set up by Totes Inappropes (FB blogger / runner) when she was kicked out of RMR for swearing. It's for men and women. I think posts are meant to be about running, swearing, and drinking gin 😄. Injury shots are welcome. And yes, you can buy t-shirts emblazoned with Run Bitch Run on them 🤔.

I've definitely learned a lot from these groups, and it helps to make me feel like it's not just me lacing up my trainers in the morning.

lljkk Sat 04-Nov-17 21:38:15

Oh, that's very helpful. I am definitely one to prefer the nuttier swearier irreverant crowd!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now