Talk

Advanced search

Sports swimming costume recommendations?

(6 Posts)
Taytotots Fri 03-Nov-17 09:36:28

I'm a regular swimmer so looking for a proper sports swimming costume rather than leisure (e.g. I don't want moulded cups etc). I usually go for Speedo but are there other brands that people would recommend? I am size 12/14 and 5ft 9 if that makes a difference - was considering looking for a longer length one but they don't seem to do in sports styles - can I just size up? (usually go for a 38).

Firstaidnovice Fri 03-Nov-17 09:37:52

I get mine from decathlon, they do good chlorine resistant ones for significantly less than Speedo if you're looking to save money

bruffin Fri 03-Nov-17 09:40:09

My zoggs has lasted forever. Had it 5 years and have swum up to 4 times a year in it. Its indestructable.

lljkk Fri 03-Nov-17 20:01:46

All of the "serious" women swimmers at my pool (channel swimmers, competitive club, distance triathlon) have Uglies swimwear.

I'm long in the body. I have a Tyr suit I quite like.

CMOTDibbler Fri 03-Nov-17 20:15:41

I have <cough> a few swimming costumes. The Uglies are nice, but the trim is quite thick and I have given myself friction burns on my arm doing longer swims. They are incredibly lairy!
My go to everyday costumes are the cheapy Slazenger boy leg ones from Sports Direct as I don't have to worry about bikini lines. Less keen on the Speedo ones tbh.
I have a dhb one from Wiggle that is great for the money, and seems to be lasting, but I've mostly worn it in the lake over the summer, so will see how it goes with chlorine.
Am 5'9 as well

Taytotots Sun 05-Nov-17 09:06:29

Thanks all. Sounds like I have some shopping to do grin. We are somewhat limited on shopping as not in UK (even online unless I want to pay a lot of import tax) but sure I will be able to get one of those. I love decathlon stuff but there isn't one here sad. Lljkk have to confess I am definitely not that serious (yet!.....). Will watch for friction burns - ouch!.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now