Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know where I can get a named running vest?

(20 Posts)
Thethingswedoforlove Wed 01-Nov-17 15:25:52

I wd like to get one as a gift for someone. They get great encouragement on races when their name is called out (don’t we all?!) and having a running vest with their name on it would be great! I see people wearing them in photos of races. But can’t work out where on earth i cd buy just one from!!

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 01-Nov-17 17:15:55

Anyone at all?

LaceandChintz Wed 01-Nov-17 17:26:19

Vistaprint?
I’m sure if you google Tshirt printing you’ll find others.
I think print shops are the sort you find on the edges of towns rather than the main shopping centres.

overmydeadbody Wed 01-Nov-17 17:28:12

I'm a runner and all the people I know with them order the name as an iron on transfer and put it on their own running tops.

I've done three this way now, using eBay and decathlon running tops.

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 01-Nov-17 17:34:19

Oooh really? I think a homemade job might not be an impressive gift as I am not very ‘handy’! But I didn’t realise that is what people do. Hmmm. Thanks. There must be a market for this??!

CMOTDibbler Wed 01-Nov-17 17:34:50

I got my marathon t shirt from Personalise your vest and it was really good quality

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 01-Nov-17 17:34:52

Oooh I will look at vista print too. Thanks

Undercoverbanana Wed 01-Nov-17 17:41:11

Local print companies will print them on really cheaply. Our club has a local deal - £1 per letter. Some people don't like their name on so they don't get abuse when running. It's quite intimidating if you are alone and a gang of pissed "blokes" start taunting you and use your name. You might want to drop a few hints first to see if this person would like it. If so, it's a fab idea!

overmydeadbody Wed 01-Nov-17 21:33:00

Under cover banana surely you only wear a named running top on a race? I would never wear it for a normal run on my own.

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 01-Nov-17 21:35:55

Overmy that is what I was thinking. But so hard to pick a colour vest for them!!

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 01-Nov-17 21:38:17

Cmot- thank you for your recommendation. Was your name placed sufficiently high up that the race number etc can be pinned on in a decent place without covering the name?

CMOTDibbler Wed 01-Nov-17 21:42:43

Yes, you can place the text anywhere you want - I went for above the bust and on my sleeves, then a quote on the bottom at the back

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 01-Nov-17 21:52:23

Thanks/ it seems brilliant! How did it come up size- wise? All measurements are in cm which I don’t think in for clothes!!

CMOTDibbler Wed 01-Nov-17 21:57:18

I'd say slightly slim fitting , but not massively so

Thethingswedoforlove Wed 01-Nov-17 21:59:35

Ok thanks v much

36plusandtrying Wed 01-Nov-17 22:03:20

I would get a really nice Nike (or preferred brand) running vest and then use the iron letters. Every time I've done a charity run, they've sent their branded vest with iron on letters - it's looked great in the end ! (Great gift btw)

Undercoverbanana Thu 02-Nov-17 07:22:08

Overmydeadbody - Sometimes you just grab the next available running top or they might all be in the wash. I'm just not organised enough it seems!

Thethingswedoforlove Thu 02-Nov-17 07:41:39

Not organised enough or running very frequently 😜

Thethingswedoforlove Thu 02-Nov-17 07:41:58

And thanks 36

MorrisZapp Thu 02-Nov-17 07:46:19

You can get them for under a tenner on eBay, I've had lots this way. You choose from a vast range of colours and fonts, and they can print both sides. I can't remember the seller name but they primarily do work uniforms and it's three letters, something like WTD workwear.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now