Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it worth getting a Fitbit or similar?

(4 Posts)
SleepFreeZone Sun 29-Oct-17 20:34:55

I've started running again and am planning on attending Parkrun events once I get back running good distances. I quite fancy a Fitbit or similar as I think I'm going to sign up for MFP and start charting my food and exercise per day.

If so which one do you think would be ideal? I don't need anything fancy. Really don't want to analyise my sleep as I know it's TERRIBLE but would like to know how many steps I'm averaging a day and info about my runs.

Growingboys Sun 29-Oct-17 21:14:44

I've got a Garmin forerunner 35 which I like because it tells me how fast (and how far) I'm running.

You can get more sophisticated ones but I wanted to be able to check my average speed as I ran and this one does the trick. It also counts steps!

carrie74 Mon 30-Oct-17 11:08:42

I had a Fitbit Alta which I really liked (I recently upgraded to an Apple Watch through a deal on my Work health insurance). It did pretty much everything you mention (including sleep tracking, but you could take it off at night).

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Mon 30-Oct-17 14:18:50

My Polar M400 has lifestyle tracking on it, and it is interesting to see things like general activity level and calorie expenditure.

If you're interested in running, a GPS sports watch is more useful than a general tracker. Chest straps are more reliable than wrist data for HR.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now