Talk

Advanced search

Getting rid of post baby love handles

(3 Posts)
reubens34 Fri 27-Oct-17 16:41:34

Help!
Just tried on skirt a size bigger than usual and it won’t zip up.
I’m now 7 months following baby’s birth - most of me back to normal bar the massive breastfeeding boobs but I still have a real muffin top and odd looking tummy ! I swim and run pushing pram three times a week and walk a lot with sling and eat healthily but it’s not helping. I had a c section and not sure how much of it is due to that as my tummy also looks quite shelflike ! Feel I need to make inroads before going back to work in two months or I’ll never shift it. Does anyone have a killer workout? I didn’t have much of a stomach muscle separation but I want to be careful with crunches etc for a bit longer. Would a couple of weeks of full on bikram yoga help if I got one of those unlimited yoga for a month Groupon deals?

TriGirl007 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:22:19

Pilates took5inches of my post baby c-section tum over a year. Along with doing Shred 2-3x a week and walking. Pilates didn’t feel like it was doing much at the time lots of small repetitive moves but it definitely gentling toned up my tummy. Gd luck you will get there slowly. But may still have a “hang over” tummy due to the scar. I’ve had two c-secs and that bit will never go.

Closetlibrarian Mon 30-Oct-17 20:11:24

You can't 'spot reduce' (unfortunately!). It comes down mostly to diet. Exercise will help, but to a much smaller degree.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now