Talk

Advanced search

Where do you go for inspiration/motivation?

(4 Posts)
Tricycletops Wed 25-Oct-17 11:38:04

I have to make a real effort to overcome my natural lazy git-ness, so I'm always looking for new sources of fitness inspiration. I really enjoy reading the threads on here as they remind me that it is possible to exercise when you have small children. Plus I'm a bit of a workout dilettante and like to change what I'm doing frequently, so reading about the different things everyone is up to gives me loads of ideas. I used to read some fitness blogs, but most of them have died away or changed focus and I haven't really found many new ones I like. So I was wondering - if you also like external inspiration and motivation, where do you find it?

mommybunny Wed 25-Oct-17 22:19:54

I ran a half marathon in May and a 10k in July and haven’t yet found my next “event” so I’m very de-motivated at the moment. Since last week I’ve been making a determined effort to get back into running, even if only 3-5k a time.

On my Twitter feed I follow a lot of running and health related magazines’ accounts. In between reading about the latest Trump outrage and Martha Stewart’s brownies there are loads of articles I can click on to get tips for long runs, tapering, etc. Even if I didn’t click on the articles just seeing them in the feed reminds me from time to time that I DO run, and that I really want to get back into a real training program. I’m sure I wouldn’t have started back up now if I hadn’t had that daily reminder.

Growingboys Thu 26-Oct-17 21:50:35

I follow lots of runners and yoga ppl on Insta and if I can’t be bothered to go for a run I scroll through them to make me get out there.

I also look at clothes websites to tempt me into something - if I’m considering buying something I want to look nice in it so that will get me out. I also wrote in my diary every day I do exercise so that I make sure I do three things a week.

Tricycletops Fri 27-Oct-17 09:52:08

Thanks both - I hadn't thought of fitness-related social media but will hunt out some to follow!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now