Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Absolutely starving after 10k yesterday

(10 Posts)
LoudestRoar Mon 23-Oct-17 12:55:30

I did my first ever 10k yesterday (go me!) Today, I am sooo hungry. Is this normal? Thanks!

lljkk Mon 23-Oct-17 15:32:48

maybe it's your normal smile.
but Don't use it as an excuse to pig out. Probably you used 400-650 kcal in that single run. That's hardly more than one pot of hummus.

MaidOfStars Mon 23-Oct-17 16:53:26

As above. I burn about 600 cals on a 10k, running at 5:30 min kms (weighing 50kg). It's not even an excuse for pizza grin

AuntieStella Mon 23-Oct-17 16:55:56

Yes, rungry is normal!

And yes, I often do for a pizza with gay abandon on days when I run over 10 miles. And quite often on days over 10k too - but then with rather more of an eye on how much I'm eating total.

MaidOfStars Mon 23-Oct-17 16:57:42

I ran a marathon a couple of weeks ago. That night, I ate a large Dominoes and side of wedges all to myself grin

TheDonald Mon 23-Oct-17 16:58:29

Normal for me. Whenever I do a new distance I'm always starving.

I'd recommend lots of water because you might be dehydrated. Also have some protein e.g. nuts rather than sweet or carbs. If you keep running this distance you'll soon get used to it. Then you'll do a half marathon!

LoudestRoar Mon 23-Oct-17 17:21:34

Funny you should say that TheDonald I'm actually training for The London Marathon! I have a half booked in for Feb...

lljkk Mon 23-Oct-17 18:50:27

Swimming 1.50-2km very early morning can leave me very hungry. Running for same time makes me want something to eat in first 1.5 hours after I shower, but doesn't have to be much.

TheDonald Mon 23-Oct-17 18:58:55

Ha! LoudestRoar you've got the bug! I gained weight when I did a marathon. I think I was on about 5 meals a day when I was at the height of my training.

Turns out you can't actually eat what you like. Soon lost it again afterwards but I find it really hard to restrict calories when I'm training up to new distances.

LoudestRoar Mon 23-Oct-17 20:18:11

That's what I'm struggling with. I was on slimming world before (am at target after losing 5 stone), but I've given up until after I complete the marathon. If I'm putting in all this effort, I want to be able to eat what I want!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now