Talk

Advanced search

Wobbly legs wobbly belly - help me remove the wobble

(11 Posts)
sosofedupnow Sat 21-Oct-17 10:41:24

So I work out twice per week at the moment doing pole fitness - I love it, my arms and chest are now getting very toned even the top part of my belly is toned (I have a two pack grin) and is great for my mind - I go to the class miserable and grumpy at times and come out feeling refreshed and energized.

So great my upper body is doing well but I really need something for my thighs which arnt massive but are very wobbly - I have lost weight recently only about two stone but I feel it's loose skin maybe more than fat.

My belly and hips wobbly and fat confused this has always been a problem area.

Any advice? I hate running and I don't want to do anything that will make my upper body ache as I want to be able to continue my pole fitness classes

Nancy91 Sat 21-Oct-17 10:50:51

Another poler here!

Unfortunately it's probably a matter of needing to lose a bit more weight before your problem areas get smaller. It's not likely to be loose skin after a 2 stone loss (well done by the way!). Just cut back the calories a bit and keep up what you're doing already, results will show themselves in time.

Although if you're serious about pole it's probably a good idea to do some weight training to help you progress faster.

sosofedupnow Sat 21-Oct-17 11:34:19

Thank you for the reply smile I'm at a healthy weight and bmi and I'm happy with my size apart from my belly, it's just the wobbliness I don't like.

How often do you pole and what other exercise do you do?

When I first started I did pole once per week and ached pretty much for a whole week after, now I pole twice per week and I'm not so achy, so I'm thinking if I could add one more workout at a time then I could build it up without putting myself off.

But I also find it difficult to find time to work out, the only reason I make it to pole twice a week is because I really love it and don't so much see it as exercise but just a class I love

ValarMorghulisss Sat 21-Oct-17 11:42:49

Plank
Plank
Plank

HTH

sosofedupnow Sat 21-Oct-17 12:31:52

Plank for how long and how often? Does that just work your core or legs too?

What is HTH grin

RandomMess Sat 21-Oct-17 12:42:35

Hope that helps

Plank every day start with minute on 30 secs off x 20? Increase plank time by 10 seconds per day?

Nancy91 Sat 21-Oct-17 13:00:15

I pole almost every day as I teach. The thing is you can't tone your body, you could gain some muscle under the fat but you would then have to cut calories to lose the fat on top. Then there would be less wobble.

Other than pole I do a lot of weight training and the odd bit of cardio.

The reason you are aching less now is that DOMS pretty much only occurs when you put your muscles under strain that they aren't used to. As you get used to lifting your weight you won't really feel sore any more.

ValarMorghulisss Sat 21-Oct-17 13:02:32

Look on Pinterest for a guide like this:

sosofedupnow Sat 21-Oct-17 13:32:59

I'm just about to start teaching pole as well but only one class per week, I'm in the process of completing my online course at the moment. Do you have your own studio or teach for someone else? I work nearly full time in a normal day job but one day I would love to teach full time as my skills progress.

I have started tracking my calories again in the last few days so hopefully that will help. I eat way too much chocolate so that could be the problem confused

Perhaps I will add in a body pump class for strength training, as I was aching before I didn't want to add weights but it should be fine now. And the last time I was very toned I was doing a lot of body pump classes

sosofedupnow Sat 21-Oct-17 13:33:25

Thank you for the example, I'll have a look and find one to follow smile

ValarMorghulisss Sat 21-Oct-17 13:54:28

No worries 😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now