Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

C25K app recommendations

(9 Posts)
didireallysaythat Mon 16-Oct-17 22:30:00

I've started C25K several times and while I enjoyed it (sort of..) I didn't much like the music. This was the NHS one you down load (the one with Samantha telling you you're nearly there just paid should through while she's sitting on the sofa dunking chocolate biscuits into her tea - I'm not the only thinking this surely?)

So I need someone telling me what to do but different music. Or my music. Or something.

Any recommendations ? Or do I need to stick with custard cream Charlotte ?

JassyRadlett Mon 16-Oct-17 22:34:48

I’m using 5K Runner which I’m getting on with (just finished Week 5). You use your own music (I do podcasts instead) and the woman just tells you when to stop and start running with the other odd annoying intervention to tell you you’re doing great and nearly done. The accent is very American, which I don’t mind.

didireallysaythat Mon 16-Oct-17 22:50:47

"#jassy* thank you. As long as I can't hear her slurping her tea with her jaffa cake, I'll be happy. I'll take a look - thank you. I do like the idea of a pod cast or audiobook.

JassyRadlett Tue 17-Oct-17 10:05:38

There is a C25K thread in Exercise - lots of discussion at the moment about what people are listening to. A really supportive group!

LadyWithLapdog Tue 17-Oct-17 22:17:17

I use Couch to 5K and says BBC inspired, with a choice of 4 voices. I use Michael Johnson. I start my own music or other podcast and then the running app. I'm week 9 so nearly done.

StrongerThanIThought76 Thu 19-Oct-17 22:32:23

I use Zenlabs, can use music on mu phone in the app!

carrie74 Fri 20-Oct-17 12:40:21

I also use the BBC one with 4 voices, we have Jo Wiley. I like her personal take on it, took up running later in life like me, found it tough. I’m nearly complete, we’ve done it as a family (DH is a seasoned runner so he was with us as support, and I used to run a bit more but got out of the habit. Doing C25k was a great way of getting back into it, trying to engage the kids in it, and doing it as a family.

You can also play music over the app but strangely my kids prefer without the music. When running alone, I quite like a Podcast to take my mind off of what I’m doing.

emma1282 Fri 20-Oct-17 18:00:31

I would like to add one more app which I use to the thread. I use Endomondo app. It has a fantastic user interface, clean and easy. It gives accurate log of the distance and time of running. It has an audio pep talk as well while running. However, this doesn't have music.

LadyWithLapdog Fri 20-Oct-17 21:13:45

I'll check that out. I'm desperately trying to find out if I'm in fact running further than my bracelet says. I'll take anything!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now