Talk

Advanced search

The Shred - does it work?

(8 Posts)
chocciechocface Sun 15-Oct-17 15:04:30

I've just realised I've jumped two dress sizes. So depressed. It's my fault: I do no exercise at all and eat too much junk and drink too much wine. I really need to get myself sorted.

Does The Shred work? What can I expect from it?

Do you need to keep doing it continuously to sustain results or is it a fast size lost program which you then move onto other things?

Do I need to get weights? If so, what sort of weight is recommended to start? (FWIW, I regularly lift a 3 year old).

Bubblysqueak Sun 15-Oct-17 15:08:37

It helped me loose 3 stone. That combined with a fit bit (well the garmin version) and my fitness app to track food.

Really helped to tone up to. I went down 4 dress sizes.

Unfortunately due to injury (not shred related) I stopped all exercise for a year and 1 stone has crept back on. I will be starting the shred again shortly to pick start shifting it.

Bubblysqueak Sun 15-Oct-17 15:09:40

To start with I did it everyday (for about a week) then made sure I did it 3-4 times a week. Never got off stage 1.

TriGirl007 Sun 15-Oct-17 16:37:20

I did it 3x a week along with monitoring all food on MFP and lost 40lbs and really toned up loved the Shred. Was on maternity leave at the time and also walked everywhere with baby in buggy.

chocciechocface Sun 15-Oct-17 17:22:12

What is MFP? Did you use weights with the Shred?

Fekko Sun 15-Oct-17 17:24:02

How dies it work then? I've seen it mentioned but am far too lazy to investigate!

TriGirl007 Sun 15-Oct-17 18:43:04

Yes i used 2 small 1kg weights - MFP my fitness pal a free app you use to track food calories

TriGirl007 Sun 15-Oct-17 18:44:32

It’s basically HIT 25min work outs 1min abs, 2mins cardio and 3mins weights n reps done three times, with warm up & cool down. It’s not complicated. Look on you tube for taster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now