Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Which watch/heart rate monitor do you use?

(5 Posts)
AnInchWasPinched Mon 09-Oct-17 20:02:29

I have a nice simple one, can upload it to the internet to track a bit that I'm in the right zone and doing enough, but it soon won't be supported any more. DH has offered to get me a new one for Christmas and told me to take a look at Suunto. Which is what he has, but they're all so ugly, huge and expensive. DH is far more serious about exercise than I am, I can't justify that kind of price tag!

I don't want something complicated, nor twice the width of my wrist... Doesn't need to have GPS as I tend to stay indoors so no-one can see me and if at all possible something pretty blush or as close as possible. Would like heart rate monitoring at the wrist if possible (is this reliable?) but don't really need weather forecasts etc. Connection to smart phone would be useful.

Which ones should I be looking at?

brownfang Tue 10-Oct-17 14:21:16

Not that reliable if wrist only, how reliable do you want it?
I have a polar one with chest strap, but doesn't talk to a smart phone.

AnInchWasPinched Tue 10-Oct-17 17:17:08

Reliable when doing proper exercise but also useable when out on walks etc where I don't want to wear a chest strap.
I've also polar at the moment. I won't be able to link it to the computer next year as it's too old for polar flow. I supppse linking to phone/tablet isn't necessary, but would like to have access to more than a week's overview! Which do you have?

Sirzy Tue 10-Oct-17 17:19:42

My forerunner 235 has built in hrm which seems pretty reliable.

mylittlefidget Tue 10-Oct-17 17:21:32

Apparently the forerunner 935 is one of the smaller ones so good for women. I love mine. It does everything (swim bike run etc) so possibly more than you want. It's great shopping for gadgets, isn't it? :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now