Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I share? I just had the best run ever!

(18 Posts)
timshortfforthalia Sat 07-Oct-17 10:26:11

And there's no one to. Share it with til I pick family up from all their activities.

Just got the train into London to do an eight mile. Long run, longest since my very awful marathon in May (just made it inside 6 hour cut off.) I am a real plodder. Mostly run 10.30mm. Have only ever gone sub 10mm twice in my life before.

Did 9.09min miles! Fastest mile was last one 8.21! 9.09mm would give me a sub two half shock AND this was off the back of the three miles I ran to the station.

I can't believe I ran that fast! On a long run. I am high as a kite right now. I got on train back, looked at my splits and burst into tears grin.

I just needed to share...

Harvestmoonsobig Sat 07-Oct-17 10:29:12

Can only imagine the hard work and persistence when it perhaps would have been easier to give up. Inspiring. 🤸🏽‍♂️

Newmanwannabe Sat 07-Oct-17 10:29:44

Congratulations, awesome work. I did my first parkrun in about 5 years and felt pretty proud too. Ran all the way without stopping smile

timshortfforthalia Sat 07-Oct-17 10:32:07

Well done Newman! Ive never run all of my local parkrun - two killer hills, beat me every time. Getting round that without stopping might be my next challenge.

Newmanwannabe Sat 07-Oct-17 12:01:45

:-). Thank you. Finishing it is always a bonus. Mine is a funny course it has one small loop and two big loops and you run on grass, footpath and some bridges! It's fun though and you seem to get through it easily

emummy Sat 07-Oct-17 17:18:02

Brilliant running well done! So nice when it all goes right.

SomewhatIdiosyncratic Sat 07-Oct-17 18:58:25

It's a great feeling when a run "clicks". Shame it doesn't happen more often grin

timshortfforthalia Sat 07-Oct-17 19:17:04

grin runs never click for me... I'm just some old plodder... It's never going to happen again, is it....!!

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Sat 07-Oct-17 19:19:19

Congratulations, that's brilliant!

RunningOutOfCharge Sat 07-Oct-17 19:49:13

Well done op! Where in London do you run?

YoureAnArseholeDenise Sat 07-Oct-17 19:53:04

I did my first park run in about 5 years

Blimey well done for not giving up!! 😁

timshortfforthalia Sat 07-Oct-17 20:06:50

I've never gone into London to run before. I usually do my longs round the edges of the London suburbs I live in.

I really needed a change today. 3m run to station. 20min on train to london bridge, then 8 mile loop raking in city, st Paul's, shaftesbury Ave, Piccadilly, the mall, westminster Palace, South Bank and Millennium Bridge. It was ace and so much fun. Ended at London Bridge, was going to buy some breakfast from borough but was a bit spin out.

Home by half nine. Have been a bit pathetic since... wink

RunningOutOfCharge Sat 07-Oct-17 21:10:27

That sounds epic!!

I’d really enjoy running the London parks at this time of year

I’m only 40 mins out of London.... you’ve planted a seed now op!

LEMtheoriginal Sat 07-Oct-17 21:20:35

You are awesome!!! I am sooo slow - the furthest I have run is 8 miles and this took me the best part of three hours shock blush if love to run quicker but just don't know where to start

LEMtheoriginal Sat 07-Oct-17 21:27:23

I don't live near enough to London but I love visiting and that run sounds like a dream. I am lucky enough to be able to run along the beach or in the woods.

AuntLydia Sat 07-Oct-17 21:31:42

Brilliant - well done! It's amazing what a change of scenery can do. And well done Newman on your park run.

EmpressOfTheSpartacusOceans Sat 07-Oct-17 23:36:10

That sounds fantastic! Weren't the roads packed though?

Some of my work colleagues did the Royal Parks half marathon this weekend. I'm tempted in a couple of years.

Quickqu Sun 08-Oct-17 13:03:54

Wow that's amazing. Well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now