Talk

Advanced search

Exercise mini milestones

(3 Posts)
HappyEverIftar Fri 06-Oct-17 10:34:48

I've just finished my latest session with my PT and I can do a whole minute of continuous sit ups! That's 60 seconds of sitting up with no huffing and puffing that I couldn't do three weeks ago.

Given my midriff is my 'problem' area, I'm pleased as punch and hope this means my core is getting stronger more than anything else. grin

How did you know you were getting better/stronger/fitter?

qwertyberty Mon 09-Oct-17 18:31:04

I rejoined the gym in August and I could only manage 20 minutes on the treadmill and 5 minutes on the bike. I can now do 30 minutes on the treadmill, on the fatburn mode.

I have had an exercise plan made up by a personal trainer, but unfortunately I missed going on the treadmill as soon as I went to the gym so I have been doing 20 minutes on the fatburn mode. Then I follow the exercise plan. Which starts with the rowing machine for 5-7 minutes to warm up. The first time I could only manage 3 minutes. I have since taken that to 5 minutes even after my 20 minutes on the treadmill. Also there is more cardio at the end after i have done weights.

I am hoping to get personal training sessions soon, so that would boost my strength, health and weight loss. I got a long way to go but at least I am trying.

AnInchWasPinched Mon 09-Oct-17 20:04:39

I managed 8 kneeling press-ups the other day. It's the first time in my life I've ever managed more than one grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now