Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant and starting exercise?!

(3 Posts)
graceadlerdesigns Thu 05-Oct-17 16:51:34

I am 23 weeks pregnant and have just been tbrough/an going through a bit of a health scare with my dh.

It looks like all will be ok but it has really made me think. I am 34 and do very little exercise (15 minutes walking 6 times per week for work) and my diet is pretty crap. I am slim (ish ) at size 12 when not pregnant. I really want to be as fit and healthy as I can for as long as I can.

What steps can I take now diet/fitness wise and after the birth? I realise I have taken my health for granted and want to change that.

I do know I can't go crazy and suddenly start exerting myself but I wonder if there were any words of wisdom? I am going to start drinking more water and eating more fruit and veg

BLUEsNewSpringWatch Thu 05-Oct-17 18:07:11

The easiest option would be to walk more, although it will become harder as the pregnancy progresses.

What about pregnancy specific yoga and aquafit? Those are the main things you can start safely without really having done much exercise pre-pregnancy. Then after the birth (and some recovery time obviously) you can do pretty much anything you fancy.

BLUEsNewSpringWatch Thu 05-Oct-17 18:12:11

Also flowers for both you and your DH. Hope he recovers well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now