Talk

Advanced search

How can I get my bum back???

(8 Posts)
MrsJBaptiste Sun 25-Jun-17 21:48:54

Since September I've lost around 1.5 stone from low carbing and ramping up my exercise changing. I've kept it of and probably will TBH as I'm so used to a low carb diet now. However although I'm happy with the fact I've really toned up recently, I've lost most of my boobs and so much weight from my bottom.

I've always had a biggish bum (sticks out rather than wide hips IYSWIM!) but it's so flat these days. What exercises / weights can I do to get it back or at least get some definition in that area?

RiversDisguise Sun 25-Jun-17 22:36:08

Lift heavy weightsband do squats lunges deadlifits and glute bridges. Eat more protein and at a slight calorie surplus.

thenightsky Sun 25-Jun-17 22:40:43

Clench whenever sitting. So says my Pilates teacher when we had a discussion about 'flat old lady bottom'.

Algebraic Sun 25-Jun-17 22:45:30

Squats, squats and more squats grin very hard but they give you a peach bum.

MrsJBaptiste Mon 26-Jun-17 09:20:28

Thanks, that's what I thought! I have been squatting and lunging but may just need to do more... I do deadlifts but may try and do more of this email too. I gave 6 weeks til I need to be seen in a bikini so here goes!

SentientCushion Mon 26-Jun-17 10:24:52

If you do squats make sure you are actually activating your glutes and not just using your thighs. Squat so and lunges are completely pointless if you aren't using your glutes.
Try doing bridges and single leg bends until you feel your glutes switch on.

mrwalkensir Mon 26-Jun-17 16:16:09

Look up the old Callanetics glute exercises ( holding on to a worktop or barre and gently pushing legs back or out with pelvis tipped up). Very powerful and much easier to get right

MrsJBaptiste Mon 26-Jun-17 21:14:32

God, I used to do Callenetics with my mum about 20 years ago! I'll give those a go too and I'll have a Kardashian-esque butt before I know it! grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: