Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

8 weeks to tone up for holiday and loose 10lb

(3 Posts)
Alphabetsy Sun 11-Jun-17 22:22:15

Need to get back to my 'fighting weight' of 9 stone, 7lb and tone up before my hols in exactly 8 weeks. I am currently 10 stone, 3lb and feel very flabby and waistbands are too tight and the dreaded back fat. I always run 3 x 5k per week but nothing else. I am eating rubbish and having a few too many glasses as wine as work full on. Lots of time spent sitting at desk. Plan to do MFP net 1,200 calories after excercise. And the booze (except for a few gin and slims on a Saturday) and try to do one body pump class per week on top of runs. Any other tips? Can I expect to make much of a visible difference in that time?

Jaimx86 Sun 11-Jun-17 22:30:30

I think if your aim is to tone up, 1 body pump a week won't be enough. Toned appearance comes from gaining muscle and losing the fat above it. You'll be able to lose weight/size in that time but not sure that you'll feel any better?

Alphabetsy Sun 11-Jun-17 22:39:11

I know- I need to do more weights. I felt at my best when I was able to do 2 x circuits classes and one pump class as well as my runs. Because working hours now rule this out I have become a bit defeatest and do nothing. Probably should build in some excerise dvd's and dust off Jillian Michaels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now