Talk

Advanced search

Toning

(6 Posts)
WhereTheFuckIsWonderWoman Fri 02-Jun-17 20:00:54

I'd really like to tone up my upper arms and tummy but have neither the time or opportunity to go to the gym. I've started doing a few sit ups in the evenings but my back isn't great and I'm struggling. Is there anything I can do as an alternative? I was just planning to use jars or tins for my biceps blush

BrexitSucks Sat 03-Jun-17 07:47:34

Do you have any money for this? A lot of people swear by kettlebells & there are many KB exercise videos on youtube. Or you could get some small weights, like the 1-3kg ones & find videos for those.

I dunno about tummy but swimming has helped my arms.

YessicaHaircut Sat 03-Jun-17 07:56:20

Resistance bands are good for toning, and cheap to buy. You could have a look for a YouTube video for some ideas on good exercises.

TheGrumpySquirrel Sat 03-Jun-17 08:05:39

Vinyasa flow yoga 💪🏼

RJnomore1 Sat 03-Jun-17 08:19:47

You need to work all your core muscles not just your tummy to see results in your stomach - they all support each other so if your back is weak you won't get a strong set of abs.

Sit ups are pretty rubbish as ab exercises go. I don't have a lot of time but this page looks a reasonable start:

travelstrong.net/best-core-exercises/

RJnomore1 Sat 03-Jun-17 08:21:31

Oh and don't waste time on bicep curls especially with a tiny weight, it's a vanity exercise that isolates one muscle for guys that like to watch themselves in the mirror 😬 For your upper arms look up tricep exercises, dips are great but you should find more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: