Talk

Advanced search

Tips for keeping fit when stuck at home

(8 Posts)
yorkshapudding Wed 31-May-17 18:12:07

I need to sort myself out.

I've gone from being size 8-10 pre-kids to size 12-14 and I don't feel good about myself at all. I would love to drop a dress size, generally get fitter and am particularly keen to shift some weight and tone the area around my belly/waist area for health reasons as well as vanity.

Joining a gym or going out running/swimming isn't really going to work for me as I start work early and DH doesn't get back until late so I'm in charge of DC in the evenings. Would love to hear your ideas for how I can exercise effectively from home. Am willing to invest in some equipment if anyone has any recommendations although we do have limited space. I already have an exercise bike that I've never used (was left by previous house owners) so any tips as to how long/often I should be using it in order to have an impact would be appreciated. Any recommendations of YouTube workouts would also be appreciated- keeping in mind I haven't exercised regularly in years so nothing too advanced!

Thanks smile

LorLorr2 Wed 31-May-17 18:16:54

Even a walk can be of great benefit to mind and body, perhaps you could make it a habit to go around the block every day, such as before or after lunch?

For youtube videos, the Blogilates channel by Cassey Ho seems to be very popular! If that's not your style there's Fitness Blender which give more basic instructions with no music if I remember correctly.

yorkshapudding Wed 31-May-17 18:28:46

I don't get a lunchbreak unfortunately sad We do go for walks at weekends as a family but love to be able to go every day..just to clear my head apart from anything else!

Will check out your YouTube recommendations though, thank you.

SoupDragon Wed 31-May-17 18:31:45

I thinkthe Body Coach (Joe Wicks?) has you tube videos. Or there's the 30 day shred which is tough at first but only takes half an hour a day. It's not free onyou Tube but is free online elsewhere.

BrexitSucks Wed 31-May-17 19:10:20

Start by doing a 10 minute burst on the exercise bike each night. 10 minutes on an exercise bike is quite a lot, actually. See if you can build up to 20 minute stretches. Watch trashy tv with headphones on while you're on the Ex-bike.

gaggiagirl Wed 31-May-17 19:14:30

I work and have 3dc so can't really get out much. I do 20-30 minutes 5 days a week of exercise.
I use the pop sugar channel and befit channel on YouTube and choose whichever work out I fancy. Zumba, barre, pilates, aerobics, kickboxing.. Etc.

Blerg Wed 31-May-17 19:24:53

Zuzka Light videos on YouTube are great. Start with her bunny slope or beginner programme. People rate fitness blender too.

yorkshapudding Thu 01-Jun-17 09:17:02

Thank you all for the suggestions.
Tried Fitness Blender last night and really liked it. Will check out the other YouTube channels people have recommended, hoping if I mix it up I won't get bored so will be more likely to stick at it. Have dragged the much neglected exercise bike out of the garage and I'm going to give it a go when DD has her nap.

Feeling positive smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now