Talk

Advanced search

Do more, forget about weight loss

(6 Posts)
FurForPour Wed 31-May-17 15:08:33

Is anyone trying to do this? I think that thinking about what I eat or what I weigh makes me focus on that, whereas focussing on excercise and fitness would be far more beneficial to my health, mental health, weight and quality of diet.

So, I've got a lot on and recovering from a sprained ankle (but ok now), but decided to make sure to fit in 30-60 mins of run/swim/cycle each day. I walk 12-15000 most days too, or just 8000 on a bad day.

Anyone in?

humanfemale Wed 31-May-17 18:27:32

I am! Love this idea. Recovering from an ED and easily get neurotic if I focus on food / diet too much.

JenniferYellowHat1980 Wed 31-May-17 18:29:12

I am doing so much walking (min 15k steps daily) but on its own it isn't making a scrap of difference.

FurForPour Thu 01-Jun-17 00:15:30

Yay! My problem is I don't put the exercise first - dh does and there is no reason I can't, I just don't.

humanfemale Sun 04-Jun-17 14:01:53

How's it going?

I got a Fitbit last month and think it's really motivating me to do at least 10k steps every day. Haven't worked out how to log exercise yet (blush!) but the pedometer is really useful in itself...

FurForPour Sun 04-Jun-17 21:25:02

Will be better after Tuesday as I have a job interview then! But there is always something!

I love my Fitbit - I have a Blaze. I like the sleep tracking - I don't get enough sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now