We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Workout clothes - where to buy online true to size?

(6 Posts)
moutonfou Sun 28-May-17 09:37:46

I really like trying on clothes - I hardly ever buy online because of the hassle of sending them back when 75% of them don't fit.

But there's not many places with a good range of fitness wear that you can go and try on in person (and loads of the sports shops have those dreadful draconian changing rooms where you have to ask someone to unlock it, it's on the shop floor and the door only covers half of you!)

So I might want to try buying online, but I'm not sure where to buy that has a good range of colourful stuff (not just endless black), durable, practical (pockets!!) and true to size? Any recommendations?

BrexitSucks Sun 28-May-17 16:16:45

Not a good range? Really? Where do you live?
You can shun Sports Direct, honest.
Coz every other shop sells fitness wear at the moment, ime. New Look, H&M, Primark, Miss Selfridge for a start. There's a whole MN thread about fitness wear being in fashion & everyone selling it.

CarabellaSmella Tue 30-May-17 07:44:03

Wiggle is good for online branded workout kit. Their own DHB range is really good, and generally comes in bright colours and patterns. And they are great at returns if you do have to send stuff back...

Sirzy Tue 30-May-17 07:46:08

The problem is brexit often those ranges are more about fashion that actual practicalities of exercising!

As for sizes I have found often with sports stuff I need to go up a size from my nirmal. I agree wiggle is good.

AuntieStella Tue 30-May-17 07:58:52

I've become a big fan of Decathlon, and a lot of their stuff is good and competitively priced.

I find the sizing predictable. Online might be safer for me in future, as I can go into a store intending to buy only one rash vest for a DC and come out with an armful for me as well. Their own brand, Kalenji, is very good.

skyzumarubble Tue 30-May-17 07:59:51

Next have some nice stuff at the minute as do Sainsbury's and H&M.

For branded adidas etc sportshoes.com is great. I just picked up an asics rain jacket for £20.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now