Talk

Advanced search

Half marathon

(7 Posts)
bambisims Tue 23-May-17 21:56:32

Hi! I already run and have done for a few years. Can comfortabley run 7 miles at around a 9.45/10min mile pace. I feel like I can run more when I get to 7 but do get bored...however I would love to train for a marathon when DS starts school (year and a half a way) and was thinking in the interim it would be good to train for a half...anyone know any good apps or training plans? So going from 10k to half really? Thanks!

Dadsussex Wed 24-May-17 15:39:25

Firstly you have some nice consistent times and speed already, so Maybe enter a 10 mile event locally as you'll have something to focus on come 7-8 miles on your training runs?

Once you get to 10 miles it's just a 5k to a half marathon!

glastogal Wed 24-May-17 15:41:51

I used the Nike+ training plan (12 weeks) for my half marathon training and I really enjoyed it. I would recommend that if you have time for it (it required 2 longish runs per week)

Stewart2017 Thu 25-May-17 13:22:33

www.halhigdon.com/training/51134/Half-Marathon-Walk-Training-Program

I was given this link above

I just able to race 10k at a push, and have a half marathon booked for 4 months time to push me.
Thought of running 20k is daunting to say the least

Igottastartthinkingbee Thu 25-May-17 13:33:39

I used the bupa beginners plan. You'll breeze that one if you're already doing 7 miles. Just sign up for a 10 mile or a half marathon in a couple of months time. That's usually enough motivation for me to train for the distance. Vary your routes or try running off road or somewhere new to combat boredom.

bambisims Tue 13-Jun-17 21:11:45

Sorry for some reason I never saw these replies! Thanks I'm now on week three if a training programme to get to half marathon so fingers crossed all well so far!!

BlueChampagne Thu 15-Jun-17 12:53:38

I overcome boredom by varying my routes, and enjoy the changing seasons (mostly).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now