Talk

Advanced search

30 Day Shred... anyone want to join me?

(239 Posts)
toastedbeagle Tue 16-May-17 12:49:27

I started in Feb and managed 25 days or so but got a stinking cold and my whole health kick went down the drain. Think 8lbs heavier now shock

I started yesterday with Day 1 Level 1 and determined to keep up with it.

I've also started playing tennis again and I'm determined that by my hols in 7 weeks I will be fitting back in my size 12 clothes.

Anyone want to join in with some daily motivation?

FritzyMousey Wed 17-May-17 07:49:28

Yes please! I've just started on the 30 day shred last night, I've done it before but I've got 6 weeks until my holiday so I mean it this time!

par05 Wed 17-May-17 07:55:33

Yes please I did same as you! I did it all of feb along with slimming world, then stopped and put 5 pounds back on and feel really sluggish! Will start today!! Fingers crossed!

RhubarbCrumbled Wed 17-May-17 14:31:12

I will if I can find a free version of the video again! I used to use youtube but it looks like to see the whole video we need to pay now. Can you point me to where you're viewing the workout?

toastedbeagle Wed 17-May-17 18:04:57

Hello everyone, hope we can keep it up!! I'm planning on doing a weekly weigh in on Mondays.

I've got the DVD, but was doing the free one on YouTube.. bizarrely it was there on Monday and gone Tuesday!! Annoying as I used to use my phone to do it when kids were watching our (only) TV!!

FritzyMousey Wed 17-May-17 20:40:11

Thanks to this thread I just did the shred tonight (DVD), when I was really tempted to skip it! I had a magnum after dinner and almost told myself I might as well not bother working out, but then I remembered I have people to answer to on here! Thanks for the thread OP hope it helps you all too.

par05 Wed 17-May-17 23:33:29

Didn't get around to doing it I'm afraid sad but did go for an hour walk so did something ! Tomorrow another day ! I think you can see level 1 and 2 on YouTube but not the 3rd. I used to do the first 2 levels on YouTube but eventually ended up buying dvd from eBay to do level 3 ! And well done all for doing it today. I will be on it tomorrow!

BrassicaBabe Thu 18-May-17 18:22:17

Yes please. Can I join?

I managed 28 days before Xmas then a killer flu hit me, I lost momentum and never got going again. I lost loads of inches though.

I need to be accountable to a group smile

Are folks doing 30 days straight or taking rest days?

toastedbeagle Thu 18-May-17 19:43:48

I think I'm going to aim for 5 sessions a week, and then it will take 6 weeks to complete... planning to play tennis twice a week too.

Becstarlenski Fri 19-May-17 10:04:04

Can I join, I've just done day 5 level one, I'm super unfit !!
But I'm determined to complete it. going to take one rest day per week.
I've taken all my measurements so hopefully I will see a difference I have a lot of wobbly bits !

BWatchWatcher Sun 21-May-17 12:11:13

Did Day 1 today! Is anyone else doing it?

toastedbeagle Mon 22-May-17 08:27:52

Morning ladies! How was your weekend? Slightly overindulgence here, too much red wine and a delicious beef wellington.

I've done Level 1 Day 4 today, so aiming to compete Level 1 this week!

Weighed in today and under 11 stone by half a pound! So one pound down.
Will share my photo of last time - this was after 20 days, sadly looking more like the first photo today!!

toastedbeagle Mon 22-May-17 08:28:13

Forgot the photo!

FritzyMousey Mon 22-May-17 09:50:36

That is exactly the motivation I need thank you! Fell off the wagon at the weekend but no excuses tonight...except I have a killer headache I must get rid of first.

BWatchWatcher Mon 22-May-17 23:26:43

Day 2 level 1.
Wow @toastedbeagle!

toastedbeagle Tue 23-May-17 09:08:34

Level 1 Day 5 #done.

toastedbeagle Tue 23-May-17 09:11:37

https://youtu.be/MgqDtJLbLHY

I don't know if this helps but this is a YouTube link of random girl doing Level 1.... you can't see Jillian but you can hear her, so if you've done it before then it's easy to follow. I used it this morning as kids had commandeered the TV room where the DVD player is!

SoupDragon Tue 23-May-17 09:18:22

www.izlesene.com/video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-level-1/7259997#_

SoupDragon Tue 23-May-17 09:20:43

www.izlesene.com/video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-level-2/7259970#_

www.izlesene.com/video/jillian-michaels-30-day-shred-level-3/7259991#_

I've used this site for level 3 many times.

I have fallen off the wagon though andneed to get back to it!

SeagullGirl Tue 23-May-17 09:24:18

Can I join you? I did Level 1 Day 4 yesterday. My legs!!!!!

Starting weight around 9st3lb and looking a bit squidgy.

SeagullGirl Tue 23-May-17 09:25:02

Oh, and I used YouTube for my half-hearted attempt in the past, but this time I bought it on Google Play for about £6 and can cast it from my phone to the TV.

toastedbeagle Tue 23-May-17 15:55:16

Hello @SeagullGirl ! Yes come in!

toastedbeagle Tue 23-May-17 15:56:04

I've nicknamed Level 1 "the quad killer" .... first time round I couldn't walk downstairs properly for a week!!

FritzyMousey Tue 23-May-17 16:06:11

I agree about the walking downstairs but I think it's because she doesn't do enough stretching at the end, I add some extra leg stretches now and am fine. However level 2 last time really hurt my ankles so not sure what to do about that. Might just skip straight to level 3!

Belfastbird Tue 23-May-17 18:33:25

Can I join please? I really need to do this but I gave up on day 4 last time. I've started running since though so hopefully I can do better this time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now